Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZRP100 Appliance Module - HomeSeer controllable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZRP100 Appliance Module - HomeSeer controllable?

I am looking for some appliance modules. One of them is to use on my router to power cycle it if/when needed. It's in a rack (plugged into a long power strip) in the basement. In the past, I have use an X10 appliance module and a X10 palm remote.

To do this via Z-Wave, I looked at the inexpensive ZRP100. Info is thin on the HS site about this unit. In the literature I've read on the SmartHome site, it is always discussed in relation to be controlled by the ZTH100 wireless controller. I have no plan to get this controller.

Is the ZRP100 controllable as a device in Homeseer? I assume it is - but I just don't want to make a purchasing mistake, x 2 or 3

Jim

I have the older version of this HomePro module and it is indeed controllable as a device in Homeseer. I also have a bunch of the ZRR150W's which are HomePro receptacles that use the same chipset as this new appliance module and they too are controllable as devices in Homeseer. Of course you'll need to have a Z-wave controller on your HS server... I personally use an old Wayne Dalton USB controller.

You're almost certainly safe buying it since HS guarantees that the devices they sell are compatible with HomeSeer. Quoting the store's main page, "we test everything we sell and guarantee compatibility with all HomeSeer automation systems".

Comment

Thanks IKUS. Makes sense.

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X