Event trigged by Mic or Phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event trigged by Mic or Phone?

How would I determine if an event was triggered by Mic or by HSP? I guess I could check hsp.HandsetOnHook within the script, but suppose its just the wife talking on the phone! I tried hsp.HandsetOnHook And hsp.LINEStatus <> 3, but it seems when using HSP VR it thinks I am talking to a 3rd party.

The reason for the question is that I want to redirect speech depending on how the event was triggered.

Thanks,
    -Ron

You may not need to redirect. Check out hsp.speak as it will automatically send the speech to the phone if the phone initiated the event.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, I'd like to send it to either the phone or the speaker client (not both) depending on whether the phone or the mic were used respectively.

The only way I know is to redirect depending on whether the phone is off the hook; but this is not fool proof. Any ideas?

Thanks,
      -Ron

Comment

Try using the HSP.speak and see if this works for you.

Comment

I did and it only speaks from the phone.

Comment

Bug with hssystem.speak

Rupp,

The command to do the redirection is hssystem.speak; the problem is there appears to be a bug in the function. It seems to get stuck on the first instance of use, either the speaker client or the phone, which ever is used first.

BTW, system.speak works just fine but since that conflicts with the system lib in .net, it can not be used in a .vb script.

I will put in a ticket.

-Ron

Comment

Good find. My memory is slipping.

Comment

Working...
              X