Setting up a remote control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up a remote control

Hi there, I have learnt all my ir codes for all my equipment and they appear to work when i go into control on my status page. The question i have is that i would like to set up the HStouch software so do i need to make a device for every individual code or is there a way to do this whilst they are all in the remote control device.???

Thanks in advance

Edd

You need a button/gadget per code.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thats what i thought, oh well a lot longer than i thought but here i go

Comment

Ok i have set up an individual device for a ir command and even set up an extra device to make the event for it but cant work out how to get is to sent the signal other than going into the control and clicking in there. Could someone please give me a step by step in setting this up please. I have the USBUIRT to learn the codes with itf that makes any diference

Thanks in advance

Comment

You will have to use scripting. You can read about that here:
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=132134
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Well thats me knackered then as i know nothing about scripting, looks like i need to start doing alot of reading on this now

Comment

I don't know how your devices are set up, but lets assume a button press on your remote sends an On or Off to Homeseer. Let's call your device XYZ.

An event to send an IR command would look something like:

Name: whatever you like
              Trigger: Device XYZ set to status ON (or OFF as the case may be).
              Action: Send Infrared: ABC_IR (where ABC_IR is your learned IR)

No scripting required.
              Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Thank you, i will have a go

Comment

Worked a charm, thank you very much. Now for lots of setting up

Comment

No problem. I'd advise selecting "cannot retrigger for ... seconds" on those as a debounce. One or two seconds should do.
                    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Will do thanks now to work out how to make the button and associate a remote signal to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X