X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer version 1.7 Powerlinc 2414u USB

Homeseer version 1.7 Powerlinc 2414u USB
    I need to know if the PowerLinc 2414U USB INTERFACE will work with Homeseer version 1.7.44.
    I do not realy see the need to upgrage for $150 bucks and I just bought this 2414u. Shouldn't this interface work with HS 1.7.44?
    On HS Application lauch I get these unknow device found.
    I have proved the 2414u works and controls x10 modules using Home control assistant.

I have the USB plugin installed. The PC sees the USB hardware manager.

I need to see a list of differances between HS 1.7.44 and HS 2.XX

No this hardware does not work on HS 1.7
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Great no what?

So the Smartlabs PowerLinc V2 USB #2414U does not work with HS 1.7. But does is work with HS 2.X?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY HS HAS NOT MADE 1.7 VERSION WORK WITH 2414.
      WHICH X10 INTERFACE IS THE BEST TO USE FOR HS 1.7.44?

My CM11A does not seem to work either with HS but it used to.
      I can control all my modules in my house using other software apps with my controllers. But HS seems to have lost all of its drivers or plugins or something to no interface with CM11A or 2414U.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbarker56 View Post
        So the Smartlabs PowerLinc V2 USB #2414U does not work with HS 1.7. But does is work with HS 2.X?
        Yep, using the Insteon PLC plugin but I can tell you that many have reported this new interface doesn't do X10 well at all. Hum I wonder why? The best X10 controller left is the TI-103 available here:
        http://store.homeseer.com/store/X10-C45.aspx

You might be able to find a CM11A on fleBay as well.

Comment

Homeseer version 1.7 Powerlinc 2414u USB driver

Why hasn't Homeseer or someone wrote a software driver so HomeSeer can interface with PowerLine 2414u? This seem like this USB power line interface would be a perfect match. Plus there is a driver on the update HS utility so what is this "PLUGIN" good for is this 2414u you say does not work with HomeSeer?

Comment

Originally posted by mjbarker56 View Post
            Why hasn't Homeseer or someone wrote a software driver so HomeSeer can interface with PowerLine 2414u? This seem like this USB power line interface would be a perfect match. Plus there is a driver on the update HS utility so what is this "PLUGIN" good for is this 2414u you say does not work with HomeSeer?
            The technology isn't the simplest to code so why would anyone want to write a complicated plugin for a version of HomeSeer that is no longer supported?

Comment

HomeSeer 1.7, wow, that was a long time ago....

I feel your pain but Home Automation is expensive and trends change quickly.

Rich does good work and deserves the $150.00.... I have found that the time and frustrations of arguing of such a thing costs me more than $150.
              HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
              X