Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please: Updater has killed my HS System

Hello,

I have been using HS for years, and the great news is that it just WORKS. Thank you all for making it so stable.....BUT, I just managed to kill it. Please help me.

First my system: Windows XP Pro SP 3 (again working well with HS2 for years), and a CM11A X-10 interface (please no flaming about sticking with X-10). My HomeSeer is 2.3.0.0.

Second, I have had a PowerLinc V2 2414U sitting around that I bought a very long time ago and never install....therein was my downfall.

I unplugged the CM11A, disconnected it from my CPU, plugged in the 2414U, connected it to my USB port, and the computer recognized the new hardware, installed the HID driver, etc. All looked good but X-10 commands to lights were not working. Ah ha! I thought, I need to change the config. There I found the CM11A already disabled, and I enabled the powerlinc interface. I saved the setting, yet still no X-10 light commands were working. So I thought, Ah ha! again, and decided I needed to stop and restart the service. I did so, but still X-10 no worky.
    At this point I was a little dismayed, but decided to look at the updates list. Therein I saw a couple of modules (both free, mind you) that said they were for PowerLinc interfaces. I checked those, they automatically downloaded, and my system told me I needed to restart the service to complete the installation. I did that, and that's when the system stopped working.

I can no longer get any web interface to come up, so I can't change any configs, etc. (I'm sure there are other ways to do this, but I don't know them.) I have rebooted a couple of times, switched back to the CM11A interface, etc. but still no lucky. My system is completely broken, and I need some help.

I am attaching the latest log file as a txt file. It doesn't look like the updates installed correctly, and although my system says the service is running...nothing is working as it should.

Mike
    Attached Files

Does HS run when not in the service mode?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know how to run HS that way, BUT I did get it back by killing the process for "setupsmarthomedevicemanager3-308.exe. This program was called in startup by HS and it was never returning. I know have HS back, CM11A seems to be working again, etc. Should I give up trying to install the 2414U?

Thanks Rupp!

Mike

Comment

The 2414U needs the Insteon PLC-SDM 2414 Plug-in. This plugin communicates to the 2414U via the SDM.exe that is installed when you install this plugin. If you are using the HomeSeer updater you need to uninstall the HomeSeer service and run HomeSeer as an executable or the installations of the selected items from the updater will not install correctly. The 2414U will work with X10 but not very well as reported by many users on this message board. If you are going to stick with X10 then I would suggest getting a TI-103 as this is the best of what's left for X10 controllers.
        http://store.homeseer.com/store/X10-C45.aspx
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X