X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by ericksar View Post
    Probably wrong on my part, but i thought running as a service was better when the computer is on 24/7.

Last night I stopped service and it runs good now.

I am always worried about Microsoft and its automatic updates that restart the computer, and then my HS is not working.

Thanks for your help, I can now sleep peacefully again.
    There's a KB article on the main HS site that explains how to have HomeSeer autostart without running as a service. In additon you can set the option for Microsoft updates to notify you and then you have control over when the updates are installed and the server is restarted.

Leave a comment:

• ericksar
    replied
    Probably wrong on my part, but i thought running as a service was better when the computer is on 24/7.

Last night I stopped service and it runs good now.

I am always worried about Microsoft and its automatic updates that restart the computer, and then my HS is not working.

Thanks for your help, I can now sleep peacefully again.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    You can not use the updater in service mode. The service account doesn't have the permissions to access the asp.net objects. Is there a reason you run HS as a service?

Leave a comment:

• ericksar
    replied
    Yes I am running it as a service. I started it as a service. Now something weird is happening, on the EVENTS screen, I tried ReStart and now the Service tab is not functioning.

I will try to close everything and reboot to see if that clears memory.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Are you running HS as a service?

Leave a comment:

• ericksar
    started a topic New HS 2.4 installed and now error

New HS 2.4 installed and now error

I just installed HS 2.4, running 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate and now I get the following error.

Error Processing ASP.NET page: Object refernece not set to an instance of an object.

Going to Vegas in the morning (CES show), why do I do these kind of things?

Like the the new look of 2.4.

Thanks guys
Working...
X