Error message when I startup Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message when I startup Homeseer

I am attaching a jpeg of an error page that I get when I start up homeseer. I am currently running the Pro version, but this error started before I upgraded to Pro. I am not currently using hstouch so, that even with the error, homeseer still runs correctly as I use it. However, I get this same error when I click on update, so I cannot update the software. The original homeseer 2.0 ran without this error after it's installation for months but one day when I restarted it, I had the error. It did not hurt me at the time so I kind of ignored it. I then upgraded to the Pro version and thought that that would fix the problem but it did not.
    Attached Files

Are you running HS as a service?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No service running

I don't believe so. All the options, except for "install service" are grayed out under the service menu.

Comment

I would suspect either a bad HS install or corrupt Microsoft 2.0 .net installation. Have you tried doing a repair on your HS installation using the add/remove control panel applet.
        Last edited by Rupp; January 15, 2010, 06:09 PM.

Comment

tried repair

The repair did not fix the problem. I suspect that the configuration file (sample.mdb) has somehow gotten corrupted. I would like to reinstall everything from scratch (including a new configuration file). Is there a way to export the devices and events from the old database and import them into the new one. I think this is the only way to get a clean slate. When I updated Homeseer 2.x to Homeseer Pro, I, of course, used the old config file with the Homeseer pro. The problems that I am having was in the old 2.x and also in the Homeseer Pro. This is the reason that I am thinking that the config file is somehow corrupt.

Comment

If you can get the HomeSeer.exe up and running you can try a file > save as and this will fix most cases of corruption.

Comment

This problem is fixed

I finally fixed the problems. The steps were:
              1. exit Homeseer
              2. uninstall .net framework 2.0
              3. install .net framework 2.0
              4. run "repair" on homeseer.

The problem then went away. Obviously it was something corrupted in the .net framwork.

Comment

Working...
              X