Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechHA
    replied
    I don't think so. It was a couple of years ago but it wouldn't hurt to try and call them about it.

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    Bryan, do you know if Smarthome still has this trade in program?

Leave a comment:

• skozin
    replied
    The signallincs do work for amplifying the signal and bridging the 2 legs of the power around the house but according to Smarthome, any of the newer equipment which uses rf technology has to use the Access points (at least one). I know this for a fact because I just bought a Venstar thermostat with the Insteon adapter and the sales rep told me that I needed to get the Access points to send the signal by RF.

Leave a comment:

• TechHA
    replied
    Well, it seems your equipment is rather out dated. The SignalLinc's were called back quite awhile ago. They actually had a trade in program to upgrade to the newer Access Points.

The SignalLinc's simple created a bridge between two phases, that's it.

The Access Points bridge phases and also receive the RF signals from RemoteLincs and Insteon Motion Sensors.

As for the PLC, they do work but are a pain to setup and have an extra software middleman to deal with (the SDM). The PLC has been replaced with the PLM. It is much faster, has more memory and no other software to deal with.

As to linking the SignalLinc's with anything else. Can't do it. The SignalLinc's simply repeat the signal to the other SignalLinc via RF, then send it back over the powerline. Once you get HS to see the PLC, you would link the ApplianceLinc to the PLC.

You mentioned you bought this stuff about 3 years ago ... there were many changes going on with Insteon back then. Lot's of trade in programs, incompatibilities, hardware issues, etc. Thankfully things are alot better these days. Insteon has become a rock solid platform with many types of devices available.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• mlail
    Guest replied
    It might be easier to share the Signal linc instructions.

http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/2442.pdf

Basically the signal links bridge phases and help a person cover distances and multi floor configurations...

However, the Applicance Linc is not the same as the Signal Linc. The AppLinc does not show any RF in the instructions. It only uses PLC.

I believe that both of my controllers are bad and I might as well deinstall HomeSeer and sell a box full of X-10 and Insteon devices. Then I can start all over again with maybe UPB devices... I have dabbled with x-10 for years and now have used Insteon for 3 years with limited success.

Leave a comment:

• skozin
    replied
    I am still a little confused at what you want to do. can you send me a link about the rf pairing?

Thanks,
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• mlail
    Guest replied
    Rupp - The version of the Insteon is 1.1.52.1 and the version for X10 CM11A is 2.2.0.4. HS2 version is Standard Edition 2.4.0.6

skozin - I'm using XP w/ sp3 and pairing devices is something that the instructions suggested for the RF side of Insteon. I've never tried to add a third unit...

Leave a comment:

• skozin
    replied
    Originally posted by skozin
    #2 This may sound very basic but in the Insteon instructions it goes over how to pair two devices. I have done that and I've added the X-10 code so my remote will work. All works well but I was wondering if I can set the 2414 listed above into the existing pair so it is a three way communications, if this makes any sense?
    I am a little confused, can you give me an example? What do you mean by pairing devices. (A combination of Insteon and X-10 on the same switch?)

Leave a comment:

• skozin
    replied
    What version of Windows are you using. I could not get mine to work any more with Vista SP2 and had to switch to the 2412S version PLM which works fine.

One other question. Does the PLC Smarthome Device Manager start up when Homeseer is restarted? There should be an icon at the bottom of the taskbar when it starts up.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Sounds like your device may be bad or simply not supported any more. Which plugin did you load and try to configure to use the device?

Leave a comment:

• mlail
    Guest started a topic Two Insteon questions

Two Insteon questions

#1 I have a PowerLinc V2 2414S controller connected via the Homeseer 2.x and it will not initalize. I've added a serial card with 2 ports but neither port will initalize the controller. So I did the next thing and that was to add a USB - Serial adapter. Well that doesn't help either. Could my controller be bad?

#2 This may sound very basic but in the Insteon instructions it goes over how to pair two devices. I have done that and I've added the X-10 code so my remote will work. All works well but I was wondering if I can set the 2414 listed above into the existing pair so it is a three way communications, if this makes any sense?

I was thinking if I cannot get the HS2 to control the 2414 via x-10 then maybe I could get it to work using the devices in both modes. Use the default protocal with HS2 and X-10 with my remote. Sorry but I don't have a remote for Insteon by itself.

Thanks
Working...
X