Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is better for HS, Zone or Scene controllers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is better for HS, Zone or Scene controllers?

Newbie here, just purchased HomeSeer and I'm deciding on wall switches. I am Z-Wave, and I'm thinking seriously about Vizia.

So... in the Vizia four button controllers, there are "S" for "Scene" and "Z" for "Zone". I've read the documents and understand the difference at the fundamental technical level (scene vs zone/area)... but I am too new to understand which would be better with HomeSeer.

Assuming that I mostly want information to go 4-button-controller>HomeSeer>load(s), which is better?

Danal,

I do not use Vizia and do not not know what a Zone is in that context. I went with the Cooper devices (including their 5 button wall controllers). After a lot of research and cursing and question asking, I finally figured them out and wrote a little "How To" for the Cooper 5 button controllers.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=137830

Certainly ,much of it would not be applicable for Vizia, but may be of some help.

Regards,
    Vector

Comment

I prefer the zone controllers. It allows you to assign a device to a button. I couldn't ever get that to work on the scene controllers.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks guys, you triggered some thoughts, and there is info in Vector's thread, that is helping me think this through.

Comment

Working...
        X