Camera field of view question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdanks View Post
    So do you guys replace the pinhole in the door with this camera, or do you mount it outside the front door?
    I do believe Supercircuits have a special camera for that that will fit into the door hole.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      What are you using to get the video into the PC? USB? Video Capture Card, etc.

Thanks!
      All of the above

Comment

Originally posted by sdanks View Post
        So do you guys replace the pinhole in the door with this camera, or do you mount it outside the front door?
        I'm mounting it outside above the door.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          What are you using to get the video into the PC? USB? Video Capture Card, etc.

Thanks!
          I use a TV Tuner cards composite input. I have my cameras running to one if the ABS8x8 switchers to switch cameras so I can only view one camera at a time.

Comment

beginner...

I've been a HS user for years and would like to expand into security cameras. Can anyone point me to a HS Security Camera 101 thread?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by swill01 View Post
              I've been a HS user for years and would like to expand into security cameras. Can anyone point me to a HS Security Camera 101 thread?

Thanks
              Welcome to the HomeSeer message board Swill. As far as I know there isn't a Camera 101 thread. Deploying cameras and streaming them is as wide a subject as I've ever encountered. There are thousands of cameras, several different types of cameras, several ways to present the camera stream, etc.

My advice would be to read, read, then read a little more and ask questions along the way.

The way I have my cameras setup is I have 6 cameras going into a serial based camera switcher. I have HomeSeer switch the cameras via some custom aspx code I wrote. My switcher is connected to my server which has a Hauppauge TV tuner card installed. The switcher is connected to the composite in on the tuner card. I use a really old software to stream the cameras to the web - WebCam32.

Here's a pic from a new camera I just installed this weekend. It's a lipstick tube camera and it's small. It's about 3-4" long with mount. I bought it from this guy and he's really great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WEATHERPROOF-550...item518fe5a939

Compare his price on this cam to others on EBay and you will see he has a good price. He also allows you to choose the lens you want installed.
              Attached Files

Comment

Grass at this time of year? That's crazy!
                Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                  I know I was instantly jealous, I have forgotten what grass is at this point. Maybe I live to far north for my own good. I wonder how I'd look in a white belt and matching shoes in Florida?
                  Marty
                  ------
                  XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                  Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                    Yea, and the beauty is it's dormant so no mowing till the end of February or first of March.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                      I know I was instantly jealous, I have forgotten what grass is at this point. Maybe I live to far north for my own good. I wonder how I'd look in a white belt and matching shoes in Florida?
                      Everything is gray in FL this time of year. Specially after couple weeks of hard frost we just have. People were building snowman here in FL. Insane!!

Comment

hmm, maybe I'll have to re-think location then. Sweltering in summer, gray in winter, and now snowmen, I can get all that here.
                        Marty
                        ------
                        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

hmm, maybe I'll have to re-think location then. Sweltering in summer, gray in winter, and now snowmen, I can get all that here.
                          Big saving on clothing though..... LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Czechmarty View Post
                            Big saving on clothing though..... LOL!
                            Now there's something I hadn't thought of. Everytime I see a movie/tv show done in Fla the views are certianly much better.
                            Marty
                            ------

Comment

Now there's something I hadn't thought of. Everytime I see a movie/tv show done in Fla the views are certianly much better.
                              Oh be careful about that. In movies they show only the nice pictures.
                              There is an "opposite" side as well!!

Nevertheless, still worthy!

Comment

You can't mean that every streat isn't lined with bikini clad women, say it ain't so!

Thinking about it, maybe it's better that way, I get in enough trouble with WAF just with HA.
                                Marty
                                ------

Comment

Working...
                                X