Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CA_THERM -- should it be ORd with another CA_ value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CA_THERM -- should it be ORd with another CA_ value?

I am trying to build a thermostat plug in and I am returning CA_THERM from the Capabilities() method but I get a bad interface type reported in the log. Does CA_THERM need to ORd with CA_IO?

1/12/2010 6:30:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Plug-in reports bad interface type: 16 Plugin: EnviracomHvac
    1/12/2010 6:30:19 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Initializing Plug-in: EnviracomHvac
    1/12/2010 6:30:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing interface: EnviracomHvac->Object variable or With block variable not set.
    1/12/2010 6:30:19 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in EnviracomHvac

Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
    I am trying to build a thermostat plug in and I am returning CA_THERM from the Capabilities() method but I get a bad interface type reported in the log. Does CA_THERM need to ORd with CA_IO?
    If you are going to have the plug-in create devices, then yes. I am not sure if this is causing your init problem though - easy enough to test - if you OR the two together and it works, let us know - we need to clarify the documentation.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I ORd together CA_THERM and CA_IO and it works -- does not give the error in that case -- and my plug-in will create devices.

Thanks Rupp!

Mitch

Comment

I'm Rupp. Rick is Rick or Tink
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

And I am "He who doesn't read carefully before replying"

Thanks Rick and Rupp!

Comment

Working...
          X