Dimmable LED Replacement Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmable LED Replacement Bulbs

has anybody tryed Dimmable LED Replacement Bulbs ?? The good the bad,, comments ???

I have replaced all of my in-ceiling can lights with these Cree LR6 LEDs.

http://www.creelighting.com/LR6.htm

So far, I am quite happy with them. Light quaility is much better than CFL, almost indistinguishable from incandesent. I installed the "warmer" of the two color temperatures that Cree offers. The lights dim down to a 20-30% level with my Lightolier dimmers before turning off.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by dschoppe View Post
      The lights dim down to a 20-30% level with my Lightolier dimmers before turning off.
      This is huge issue for me in my theater. The effect that I'm going for really needs to dim down all the way to zero

I wonder when or IF we'll ever get this before the laws prevent us from owning incandescent bulbs.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
        This is huge issue for me in my theater. The effect that I'm going for really needs to dim down all the way to zero

I wonder when or IF we'll ever get this before the laws prevent us from owning incandescent bulbs.
        I have 3 cases of the bulb that I use in my 34 ceiling can lights, which I should go buy another case for when that time comes... Imagine going to jail for owning incandescent light bulbs
        Over The Hill
        What Hill?
        Where?
        When?
        I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Something happened to the smarthome switch I have mine hooked up to, and all but two of my bulbs burned out, and the switch will not turn off. I'm not sure of the two events are related, but I suspect they might be.

Looking to replace them with dimable cfls or LED's but they MUST time down to 0 without that abrupt last 10% off at once.

The reason is when I start a movie they fade off over the course of a minute, and when the movie is over they turn on very slowly. If they came on 10% instead of 0%,1%,2% etc.... it would be a noticeable shock, I want it to be so gradual you don't see it happening.
          Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post

Gotcha. I did install LED "cans" in my theater, but I also have incandescent wall sconces that I can use when dim-to-zero is needed.

Don

Comment

Working...
            X