Anyone having the status page take forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone having the status page take forever

When I go to the /stat page it seems to take over 4 minutes for the page to load. The window says not responding.
    I have no idea why it is doing it. All other pages are very quick
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Any clues as to whats taking so long listed in the HomeSeer log file? Does it do the same thing on all browsers?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes it seems to take a while no matter what computer I load it on.
      I do not see any errors at all in HS log. This is strange. It seemed to start taking a while when I added the z-controller and switches, but that does not make sense, does it?
      All other pages (events, log, control, etc) all work very quick.
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

I saw this concern this morning with my office PC running IE8. I then noticed the "other" issue that I have with IE8 lately of not closing the web browser in a timely fashion. I did the quick fix for IE8 that seemed to have worked for me this morning and helped with HS opening page. Just checked on HS box and am running IE8 on that computer also.

Checked HS opening page with FF and Google Chrome and they were both fine (speedwise).

regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Maybe you can use the Location filter and see if you can track what location is slowing it down.

Comment

Well that is strange.
            I just downloaded Google Chrome to try it. I can run all other HS pages just fine and they are fast. When I load the status page in Google Chrome it comes up with a black page that says "Something went wrong while displaying this web page".

It does not say what the issue is tho.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

IE should show a yellow icon in the lower left corner if you have a malformatted page. Double clicking on this icon should show the error if one exists in the page. Did you try the location test?

Comment

I do not see any icon when the page finally loads that indicates there is an issue. I am using Windows 7 but it is even happening on the XP machines. I believe it is IE8 in all cases but it was working fins for months. Just since I added z-wave has this started or maybe it is a coincidence.

The problem with the location test is I have to wait for the page to finish (roughly 5 minues) and then change the location.
                I will try this shortly and see what happens.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I have just noticed this too.. after going to 2.4.0.6... but not all the time it is weird...

my kitchen machine is win xp sp3 ... ie7..
                  also seeing this on my gaming machine.... win7 x64... ie8

it happens now and then and not 100% of the time..... also nothing in the logs about it.....
                  HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

OK one location seems to be causing the issue but here is the strange thing. I just installed the latest version of FireFox and the status page loads in 2 seconds with it and no issues at all.
                    I cannot explain that.
                    Anyone
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

I read somewhere that IE is now doing more than caching your pages. Similiar to what AVG does when you do a Google search. Try the registation command above (you have to reboot your computer after you run it), clear your IE cache, disable all the IE fluff (add ons etc), lower your security to nil on IE (just to test) and see if that helps.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

All day today I used Firefox and the status page worked perfectly.
                        There is a definite issue with other browsers and the status page. The location here that causes an issue is called "Virtual". I looked thru all my devices with the Virtual location and I cannot see anything in the them that could cause this.
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Working...
                        X