Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to have schlage lock disarm security system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to have schlage lock disarm security system?

I would like when I unlock my schlage z-wave lock for it to disarm my security system.

The second thing I would like to know is when my 16 year old daughter, cleaning person, etc, comes in and leaves according to their lock codes.

I have the deadbolt schlage locks, z-troller with 1.15, the ademco vista plug in. Everything seems to be working just fine including the lock status and user code child devices on my locks.

I have never written a homeseer script.

I have read different threads about reporting user codes to see who has entered and speaking welcomes etc. All these threads discuss script commands which are currently above my head.

To accomplish the above do I need to bite the bullet and learn scripting.

Are there other ways to accomplish my goals? Please be specific.

Thx in advance.

1. Depends on what security system you're using. If it's based on the ACRF2 or RFX plugins, it's dead easy using events/scripts.
    2. The lock reports the last code used to unlock, so yes, again, sctipting.

If you're not using scripts, you miss out on many major functions that can be accomplished with HS. So, bite that bullet.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Here is a simple event to email who came in the door:

Like was said earlier though if the same person keeps coming in it doesn't trigger after the first time till someone uses a different code.

It is a device value change type event.

Looks like we both need to do some scripting.

I don't know if I would want the code to disable the alarm, just in the of chance someone happened to pickup the door unlock code by mistake. But I can also see the advantage.
      Attached Files

Comment

buvens,

I am looking to set up an event that informs me when a particular code is entered. I tried your solution with a value change event and found 2 problems:

- HS seems to store the last value for this device, "Code Entered 3" for example. So the event set up to send me email for Code 3 gets continuously triggered as you documented it. Sent myself a nice email bomb :-)

- If I alter the event to use the "becomes" function instead of "at least" then the event never triggers is the code entered was the same as the last code used. But it does work if I use a different code each time to enter.

What I am looking to do is send an email when a code is entered, even if it is the same code multiple times in a row.

Have you found a way to get around this?

Thanks for the help!

John

Comment

You'll want to trigger on the lock status changing from locked to unlocked, then send the email and include the user code device in the email. If you script it, you can associate a person with the code in your email.

Hope that is right as I've looked at the same scenario myself.
          huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
            You'll want to trigger on the lock status changing from locked to unlocked, then send the email and include the user code device in the email. If you script it, you can associate a person with the code in your email.

That is how I do it. I have an Event for each member of the house, triggered by the Schlage status plus code number entered--so I get an E-mail identifying who entered their code. The subject line is just hard-coded in the event action, so it says "Mark entered valid lack code"

BTW, I also have an additional code that, when entered, arms the system. When I leave, I just enter that code on the deadbolt after the door is closed behind me. If the system isn't arm-able because some other door or window is open, HS flashes the porch light.
            //Mark

Comment

You might look through this thread as WadeNut shows a Script that may help

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=139370

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post

Interestingly, I have tried setting up this trigger as well - but with no success. I set it to trigger by the Locked / Unlocked status change plus the value of the user access code. So when the schlage reports unlocked and code is 3 for example, the event fires off an email.

This did not work when typing in the lock code. What I found seemed to be that the lock status did not get passed to HS in time to trigger the event because the event works fine when I use the manual unlock button on the inside of the door - it just does not work when the code is entered.

Did that make any sense?

Comment

To get this event to work I finally had to key on the device value change of the lock root device to "34" with a condition of the user code # entered. Once this was created it worked like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                  X