Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost connection to x10, but changed nothing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost connection to x10, but changed nothing...

I am using the PLC with SDM with the latest HS2 and Insteon PlugIn. The only x10 devices I use are motion sensors.

Yesterday, I completely lost my connection to x10. HomeSeer no longer reports any x10 activity in the log. I know the transciever is working because I have some KeyPadLincs set to react to x10 signals - these are still working....

Any ideas?

What RF hardware is receiving the X10 signals?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      What RF hardware is receiving the X10 signals?
      I was using an old x10 Powerhouse RR501 which was working fine for over a year. I also have an x10 Powerhouse TM751 that I recently plugged in also, but even with both - no x10 signals in Log.

I know there are newer modules which may be more reliable, but have been reluctant to change since 1) it use to work fine and 2) I would have to have yet another hardware devices to connect to. I currently have the PLC and a USB to serial adapter to connect to HomeVision for IR control....

Thanks for the reply... Hopefully, you can advise doing somethng that will regain my connection to x10....

Chris

Comment

So no X10 signals from any motion sensors are showing in the HomeSeer log file? Are they any "odd" x10 entries in your log file indicating noise on the powerline that could be blocking your signals?

Comment

So no X10 signals from any motion sensors are showing in the HomeSeer log file? Are they any "odd" x10 entries in your log file indicating noise on the powerline that could be blocking your signals?

There was one last night at 9pm. A P1 on and off - no others... Can't think of any electrical changes in the last few days...

Comment

Originally posted by RacerChris View Post
            There was one last night at 9pm. A P1 on and off - no others... Can't think of any electrical changes in the last few days...
            Have you rebooted your HS server?

Comment

Have you rebooted your HS server?

Yes. That was one of the first things I did...

Comment

Strangely enough... x10 just started working again... What could possibly be causing this strange behavior?

Comment

This sounds a lot like a "noise on the powerline" issue. Something could have been plugged in that was causing it and now it's been removed or it could be coming from outside the home as well. It could also have been some RF interference preventing your RF receiver from working. You should get one of the newer RF receivers they work really well. One last thing to check the next time this happens. Unplug the RF receiver and let it set for a few minutes. These devices have a tendency to "lock up".

Comment

This sounds a lot like a "noise on the powerline" issue. Something could have been plugged in that was causing it and now it's been removed or it could be coming from outside the home as well. It could also have been some RF interference preventing your RF receiver from working. You should get one of the newer RF receivers they work really well. One last thing to check the next time this happens. Unplug the RF receiver and let it set for a few minutes. These devices have a tendency to "lock up".

Thanks Rupp for the help... I'll look into getting a new RF receiver...

Comment

Originally posted by RacerChris View Post
                      Thanks Rupp for the help... I'll look into getting a new RF receiver...
                      I would highly recommend the dual RFXCom receiver as it not only receives X10 motion sensors but many other types of transmitters like the Oregon temp and humidity sensors, bathroom scales, etc. Check them out here:
                      http://www.rfxcom.com/receivers.htm

Comment

Rupp,

My x10 problem came back, but I think I got it fixed up before upgrading from Vista Ultimate to Window 7 Ultimate. Things worked for a while, but then even Insteon started giving me trouble. Now I think I screwed things up by switching to an old PLM that I bought as a part of the Beta test last year. Its 2412U version with "PLM Firm 63 MB N" on the sticker on the back.

I may have screwed things up myself by going through the Program Replacment/Swap Interface routine. The PLM didn't fix things, so I switched back to the PLC w/SDM.

Now I an having problems getting any Insteon commnads to work properly. So I did the program replacement again for the PLC. I have tried everything I can think of. Reboot, reinstall the SDM, even copy the entire HS directory from months ago when everything worked.

Any ideas?

Comment

I used the SDM and PLC for a few years. The SDM was a "problem child". When it was stable it worked well. Any changes though would cause havoc. Last year switched to the serial PLM. Much more stable.
                          For wireless still using an "old" MR26 and an "old" W800 and these still continue to work with DS10's and "old" palm pads.

You can do a testing bypassing some stuff. Use a plugged in Keypad to send some X10 commands to light switches or appliance switches - to see if the signal gets to them. Then do the same with a palm pad to see if HS is sending out X10. I don't use HS for sending out X-10 but rather just Insteon signals. So HS receives a wireless X10 signal then turns an Insteon switch.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            I used the SDM and PLC for a few years. The SDM was a "problem child". When it was stable it worked well. Any changes though would cause havoc. Last year switched to the serial PLM. Much more stable.
                            For wireless still using an "old" MR26 and an "old" W800 and these still continue to work with DS10's and "old" palm pads.

You can do a testing bypassing some stuff. Use a plugged in Keypad to send some X10 commands to light switches or appliance switches - to see if the signal gets to them. Then do the same with a palm pad to see if HS is sending out X10. I don't use HS for sending out X-10 but rather just Insteon signals. So HS receives a wireless X10 signal then turns an Insteon switch.
                            Thanks for the reply Pete. At this point Insteon AND x10 are down. I have the PLC/SDM installed and the SDM report seems fine. So I am not sure what is going on. Geez, why does this have to be so hard?

Comment

Are there any errors in the HomeSeer log file when starting HomeSeer concerning the Insteon plugin?

Comment

Working...
                              X