Power Over Ethernet Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool stuff and great ideas.
    Do you guys have a special cameras that has Cat5 output or is it a different balun that provides video + power over CAT5?

PLEASE take some pictures.

Comment

I use the same (multiple power in a box) for just the cameras. Nice in that each feed is fuse protected. Years ago these were expensive (> $100) but in the last couple of years you can find them for < than $100. They make them in multiple voltages (12, 18, 24).

I have a Buffalo AP using a 5V Linksys POE running about 50 feet from the basement "demarc) to one corner of the attic. Never measured output but AP works fine. I use autonomous POE's for AP's and one PS for multiple cams.

Thing about having outdoor cams is you need to overlap and have cams looking at cams to optimize.

Here's a pic - looks closer than it really is. I'm on a 3/4 acre lot with the farthest points being the back corners (where I put the burms). In the summer it looks like jungle - now not as much though. Near the 6" X 6" posts are multiple tea roses (with many thorns) that I cut to nubs in the fall. They grow like weeds. Its also snowing right now. When it warms up will take close up pictures. I noticed that you can hardly see the pagoda. If you look on the left side (barely) you will see an all wood landscaping light pagodo. I collect unusual looking landscaping lighting. Thought it was very unique in that I've never seen an all wood one before (its been there now about 5 years and not really weathered too much). When I had the sprinkler system installed (I hung around) and "paid" the guys to run extra 1.5 inch flexible PVC lines to under my deck. I had this done for the entire lot spider web like. IE: all of the trees in the front of the home have individual PVC flexible tubing running to be base. The entire burm was a project in itself with flagstones buried mostly in the ground around the entire "structure". Some cutting was involved. One of the purposes of the burm was also to alter the flow of storm water. There is a storm drain in back of the burm and about 50 feet to the right of the burm. During a rain storm the water flows to the burm (watering it) and flows in a pattern to the storm sewer instead of my back yard.

2nd picture - the small burm you see in the middle right center and tree is totally wired. The harder piece of this burm was "installation" of two boulders weighing somewhere around 300lbs each and hand picking about 80 round 10-15 lb rocks.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Pete; January 27, 2010, 01:28 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I must be going blind. Not only do I not seem burms but I do not see a pagoda at all
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
          What do you do about 5V? Do you see a lot of loss as the 12V runs about the house?

--Dan
          My low voltage electric is all home run and individually fused, fed from batteries. No line is more than an amp, most far less. I only have 2 devices that use 5v right now and for those I just send 5v directly from a plug in power supply. I try to use 12v as much as possible to keep things simple. None of the lines have enough loss that I worry too much about it,
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Its really like a pagoda lantern like. One being above the camera (hard to see) and the other wood pagoda is in front of the evergreen kind of symmetrical in position as the opposite side. It looks kind of like a piece of wood from this distance but its actually a landscaping light.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Its really like a pagoda lantern like. One being above the camera (hard to see) and the other wood pagoda is in front of the evergreen kind of symmetrical in position as the opposite side. It looks kind of like a piece of wood from this distance but its actually a landscaping light.
              Ah ha. I was looking for something larger. What camera is the image from?

Comment

My personal camera looking out the kitchen - deck window...snowy outside...the pagoda is only about 8" or so tall. Their are multiple sets of cameras. Cameras on the house looking out and cameras at the periferal looking at the house. IE: Front door has as side view, top down view and toward the house front door view from about 75-100. So when somewhen is knocking I can see who it is and also see what vehicle they are driving etc.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,
                  I meant to ask what brand of camera is the pic from? I'm also curious to know how you mounted a camera looking back at your house. My cameras are perfect for my neighbor across the street but I need one in his house to see my house

Comment

Do you guys have a special cameras that has Cat5 output or is it a different balun that provides video + power over CAT5?

Comment

Rupp,
                      My personal camera is a Fuji S1000LD. I like it in that it uses conventional AAA batteries.

I detailed the mounting of the camera above. I used a 6" X 6" cedar post which is buried in the ground. I drilled a 1" hole in the center of it. There is a 1" PVC tube going out to the burm from under neath my deck. In the driveway I have one facing the driveway and another camera facing the house up the driveway.

Its a regular balum with has BNC / Power out on it. The other side is the same.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        Rupp,
                        My personal camera is a Fuji S1000LD. I like it in that it uses conventional AAA batteries.

I detailed the mounting of the camera above. I used a 6" X 6" cedar post which is buried in the ground. I drilled a 1" hole in the center of it. There is a 1" PVC tube going out to the burm from under neath my deck. In the driveway I have one facing the driveway and another camera facing the house up the driveway.

Its a regular balum with has BNC / Power out on it. The other side is the same.
                        Ah, ok. I thought this was a security camera. Good idea on the mounting. I wish we had telephone poles or something like that to mount a camera on. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I use a combo of different cams outside but mostly Optex combos outside. No PTZ though I am thinking of one to watch the golf course during the summer.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                          X