Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you using the RFXCom hardware ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you using the RFXCom hardware ...

Are you using the RFXCom 2 dual receivers model:
    - 433.92MHz receiver and 310MHz receiver
    or
    - the W800 310MHz receiver and an additional RFXCom 433.92MHz receiver?

And which plugin are you using as well?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    or
    I'm using the second, W800 W800 310MHz receiver and an additional RFXCom 433.92MHz receiver

Comment

I'm using the second also: the W800 310MHz receiver and an additional RFXCom 433.92MHz receiver

I am using ACRF2 *and* RFXCOM. ACRF2 handles X10 and RFXCOM handles Oregon Temp/Humidity Sensors.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Rupp,
        I have them all. I have dual RFXCom receiver and W800 as well. The RFXCom 310 receiver has that pesky filter on the input and if your X10 devices are not exactly tuned, the range becomes limited (discussed in many threads here). Bert mentioned that sometimes during this year they are suppose to release new 310 receiver without the filter.
        I wish Bert would support the W800 in his plugin, but I was not able to convince him .

Comment

Next question. On the RFXCom page what is the difference in the receiver types. I assume Lan 1 port connects to the PC via a cat 5 cable. What does the LAN (2 ports) hardware offer? Why the 2 ports?
          Same for the WLAN (2 ports). Does it connect to the HomeSeer server wirelessly via your Lan? What are the 2 ports for? I'm confused as you can see.

Comment

using both the rfxcom dual mode and also arcf
            HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

May I ask what people are using RFXCOM receivers for (non X10 as I have a W800)?
              John

Comment

Rupp,

I have always found this thread very useful, where Bert explains the various options

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133224

Comment

Originally posted by moose View Post
                  Rupp,

I have always found this thread very useful, where Bert explains the various options

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133224
                  Excellent post. Thanks a ton Moose. We should make that a sticky post.

Comment

433Mhz Receiver, RFXCOM Plugin, Sooty's Charting plugin (roll on v2!!)

Rupp, I can't say enough good about about the quality of the product and the support that Bert offers in this forum. He's patient, tolerant and communicates accurately and frequently.
                    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by jwilson56 View Post
                      May I ask what people are using RFXCOM receivers for (non X10 as I have a W800)?
                      John,

I am using them exclusively for Oregon Scientific wireless sensors.

I have 4 temperature, 2 (Temp, humidity, baro,), 1 anemometer (wind speed and direction), 1 rain gauge. I also have 1wire for some temperature sensing, but it's just easier to purchase a wireless and set it in place than to run wires, hide the sensors, worry about wiring configurations, etc. I'm even a weather station on wunderground (TXANGLE7)!

So far it's just monitoring. But, of course, I have grandiose plans....

Comment

Originally posted by jwilson56 View Post
                        I, too, have a W800 but I use the RFXCOM for oregon scientific sensors only.
                        I currently have 6 online and another 4-5 in a box ready to go. Of the 6, 3 are temperature and humidty, and the others are temperature only.

I'm getting collisions on a few readings a day, so I need to play around with the channel settings. I write the temperatures to a SQL Server Express database every 15 mins and I have an hourly graph with the hourly average on my quickview page.

Hope this helps...
                        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

w800 for motion
                          rfx 433 for 10 thc-138 temps and bathroom scale (also using rfxcharts)...
                          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                            or

And which plugin are you using as well?
                            W800 310MHz recvr & ACRF2 plug-in ---> for motion, DS10a's, etc.
                            RFXCOM 433MHz recvr & RFXCOM plug-in ---> for Oregon sensors

Comment

Originally posted by dschoppe View Post
                              W800 310MHz recvr & ACRF2 plug-in ---> for motion, DS10a's, etc.
                              RFXCOM 433MHz recvr & RFXCOM plug-in ---> for Oregon sensors

Same for me.
                              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                              X