email message from HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email message from HS

Need a little advice. Attempting to send an email from HS PRO and I know I must be missing something simple. I have set-up the email info in the Setup tab and have checked, double-checked and triple-checked the settings but no matter what I try I cannot get an email alert to work. I continue to get an error message that states: "1/27/2010 9:08:49 PM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found." What am I missing? This should be simple... I've never learned anything by talking, I'm listening!

Thanks!

Do you have a valid email account in the fields:
    Default "FROM" E-Mail address:
    and
    Default "TO" E-Mail address:
    It must be a valid account for your email provider
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

On my From Field it had to have the domain name also IE: User@cox.net where User was a valid Cox email account.

Comment

Are you running Norton or McAfee anti-virus by chance?

~Bill

Comment

I've checked both. Email address is correct. I originally had a sub-account listed and thought that may be the problem so I changed it our for the master account with no luck either. No anti-virus running either...

Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Which email provider are you using? Does it work it you connect to your provider using Outlook Express?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Email provider is Time Warner. Yes it works fine in OE. I have the defaults set-up exactly as in OE but no luck. I'll keep plugging at it. I was hoping that I was missing something simple. Would it do any good to try my gmail account??

Comment

Here is the log:

1/28/2010 8:49:37 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.
                1/28/2010 8:49:37 AM - Warning - Sending email To: XXXXXXXXXXXX aborted after 4 tries
                1/28/2010 8:50:27 AM - Error - Processing email at line 190 :Thread was being aborted.
                1/28/2010 8:50:27 AM - email - Email receive thread started
                1/28/2010 8:50:28 AM - email - Initializing POP email, found 0 messages
                1/28/2010 8:50:36 AM - Event - Event Trigger "email test"
                1/28/2010 8:50:36 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.
                1/28/2010 8:51:06 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.

It appears as though it is trying to read new email successfully but fails to send when I test the send message event I've set up.
                Last edited by Rupp; January 29, 2010, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Strangest thing ever. I kept at it and (with the same settings) it suddenly started sending emails like a champ. I have no clue why I had the initial problem but I'm glad it is resolved.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. As always this message board has been a huge help!

Comment

Originally posted by tblackmon9599 View Post
                    Here is the log:

1/28/2010 8:49:37 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.
                    1/28/2010 8:49:37 AM - Warning - Sending email To:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX aborted after 4 tries
                    1/28/2010 8:50:27 AM - Error - Processing email at line 190 :Thread was being aborted.
                    1/28/2010 8:50:27 AM - email - Email receive thread started
                    1/28/2010 8:50:28 AM - email - Initializing POP email, found 0 messages
                    1/28/2010 8:50:36 AM - Event - Event Trigger "email test"
                    1/28/2010 8:50:36 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.
                    1/28/2010 8:51:06 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.

It appears as though it is trying to read new email successfully but fails to send when I test the send message event I've set up.

You should probably edit the message and remove your email address, just a thought

Comment

Working...
                    X