How do I setup this event...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I setup this event...

I want a light to turn on if the motion sensor senses motion if the time of day is 15 minutes before sunset until 11:59PM.

Currently I have the following:
    Time is before 11:59 PM AND Time is anytime after sunset AND Device: Zwave Hallway Overhead Light is OFF
    But I want to extend the time to read 15 minutes before sunset. If I change "Time is anytime after sunset" to "15 minutes before sunset" my event on triggers once - 15minutes before sunset!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

An alternative approch is to create an event which is triggered 15 minutes before sunset which insert an new event which is triggered by motion (by using hs.createEvent(....).

Then create a second event which runs at 11:59 PM which checks if the motion-triggered event is still present, and if so, removes it.

Comment

This is one of those events that I would use a virtual device as a flag. Turning on the flag at 15 minutes before sunset and off at 11:59pm.

Then you just use that flag being on as one of the conditions for your motion controlled light.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Hello,
        That's it! I setup a virtual device and used it as my condition. This will work fine.

Its a bit more complex than I wanted to have but this will work.

One day I'm going to get the scripting education I need so I can write a few scripts.

Thanks!

Comment

glad i could help in a small way, not being a scripter either I find most things can be done without.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
          X