IR Interface.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR Interface.

I would like to introduce the use of IR cammands to my homeseer system. What interface and plug in would I need to accomplish this?

MV

You can use the Ocelot, IR-Trans, Global Cache, BitWise, and many others. Here's HomeSeer's IR page of products.
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/Infrared-C47.aspx
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I tried the USB-UIRT and was very disappointed. Switched to IrTrans and love it.
      tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

I use the BitWise device and love it.
        http://store.homeseer.com/store/BC4-...s-P605C47.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
          I tried the USB-UIRT and was very disappointed. Switched to IrTrans and love it.
          tenholde
          I may have to change my ideas...I was planning on getting the USBUIRT in the next week or so - what was bad about it? I was planning on getting the additional sensor as I think some of my remotes are non standard, I do like the look of the IR-Trans but its three times the price.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
            I may have to change my ideas...I was planning on getting the USBUIRT in the next week or so - what was bad about it? I was planning on getting the additional sensor as I think some of my remotes are non standard, I do like the look of the IR-Trans but its three times the price.
            I could not get the USBUIRT to learn about 40% of my codes.

tenholde
            tenholde

Comment

I've been using the usbuirt for a couple of years now. It's never missed a beat, I did for for the dual band model so maybe that was the difference. It's done well so well that I also use it on my PVR setup. The IR blasters from Happague and the one from Microsoft let me down on occasion and since the uirt had been doing so well in the HS machine I go another for the PVR. I haven't been sorry. There have been times I couldn't get a learning remote to learn a code from another remote. What I've done is teach them to the uirt and then to my learning remote. It's been a winner for me.
              Marty
              ------
              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
              Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I used the UIRT until I needed to distinguish "Tivo Play" from room X and room Y, as well as sending IR commands from HS. I then switched to the GC-100s... the plug-in at the time did 90% of what I needed, but the missing 10% (distinguishing an IR signal from room X and room Y) caused me to write my own GC IR receiver plug-in. I do not know the current feature set of the GC plug-in.

Comment

i have a USB-UIRT

it works well.... learned all of my codes.

you need the 56k version

Comment

Working...
                  X