Tracking SA US22-40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking SA US22-40

I just installed a Simply Automated US22-40 switch. This is their dual load switch. First one I have used.

I configured it for load A to be dim-able and load B to be Snap.

I am finding that HS is not properly tracking these devices. The Snap configured one shows it to be dim-able in HS also.

When I turn the lights on load A with the switch, HS shows both A and B on. Even shows load B with a Dim setting when it is configured for Snap.

Also the Polling function does not straighten this out. In fact all the polling does is show they are qued up.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

The 22 40 is a bit of an odd duck, but works well once you get it set up. It works with links only as opposed to a links and a load directly. I've attached a pic of how it should be setup up, some of your selections might change of course for snap or fade. If you really have trouble give Dave at SA a call on the tech support line, he'll walk you right through it.

EDIT:

I forgot to include the options tab.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nightwalker; February 6, 2010, 02:29 PM.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Thanks Marty,

Any idea what the Enable Add/Delete Transmit Link feature is. Or the Transmit Enables?
      -Tim

Way2 Call
      Elk M1 Gold
      UPB HAI switches
      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I wish I could tell you more, the upstart help file is a bit thin and most of this is trial and error.

The enable Add/Delete Transmit Link feature I have no idea. It was on by default and I left it alone.

The Transmit Enables options allow you to control weather or not the switches can send links. Optional for other types of switches but necessary for these.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Marty,

I got it basically working ok.

I do have two problems. First the ch2 light is set to snap only and the status page shows dim capabilities. The second problem is the ch2 seems to be tracking ch1 in the status page when activated manually.
          -Tim

Way2 Call
          Elk M1 Gold
          UPB HAI switches
          HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Since the naming conventions for this switch are a little weird make sure you don't have the name reversed. I know for my setup it was a pain since the loads being controlled were in different rooms, and Upstart only allowed one location name, it also only allowed on device name, even though it was controlling two.

Also make sure that you don't have your link reversed on the receive channel setup page of upstart, that's also easy to do.

What controls the ability to dim or not is that setting on the options pages in upstart. Do the controls allow you to dim or are they just there?
            Marty
            ------

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
              Also make sure that you don't have your link reversed on the receive channel setup page of upstart, that's also easy to do.
              I've changed that back and forth a few times. I think I have a handle on the concept. The transmit links control the receive links within the same switch. This does limit you if you wanted to send links for another reason.

What controls the ability to dim or not is that setting on the options pages in upstart. Do the controls allow you to dim or are they just there?
              They controls are just there, they do not dim. My hai switches that are set to snap do not show a dim control.
              -Tim

Way2 Call
              Elk M1 Gold
              UPB HAI switches
              HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I would suggest a call to Ken at SA, he was able to get me going for my first one. They're tricky little buggers.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

Working...
                X