Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple sound cards and Itunes

Hi all,

My shopping list for our new automated house is almost complete.

I already have a multi-room voice recognition system planned (with a noise cancelling mixer and various switching boxes) which will allow me to speak to HS from any room even when the music is on. Also I'm happy to run cables throughout the house, and am planning to have an individual amplifier for each room and a mixture of ceiling speakers and proper speakers. The system should also HS to figure out which room the voice is coming from and route the HS speech to only that room.

However, the final piece in the puzzle is the multi-room audio. I have five zones in the house where I would like to be able to play different music in each at any one time. I exclusively use MP3 so would what I would really like is a solution which allows me to use multiple sound cards on the HS server, and control them from the touchscreens using hstouch.

Does anyone know if it is possible run multiple instances of Itunes - one for each sound card? Or should I go for the winamp plugin instead?

If I use either of the above - how can I build an hstouch interface for my touchscreen that will only display the control for the audio for the room the touchscreen is in? Can the winamp hstouch control be configured to a specific sound card?

Thanks!

Zion.

i would recommend looking at the squeezebox plugin and devices.. i've done a little research on it and its a great solution and plan on switching to it.. you can have multiple squeezebox players, one in each "zone" which will stream music from a single library. Each zone can play a different mp3. The new plugin now allows it to be used with HStouch.. Take a look at it

-Tom-
    -Tom-

Comment

Jriver Media Center is the best way to do what you're wanting in terms of a PC based mp3 player, which has a plugin for HS.
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Working...
      X