Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    The third one I was thinking of is mcsMovement.

Leave a comment:

• heatvent
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
    There are at least three very sophisticated HS plug-ins that address this issue, each with a following, I'm sure, but no outright winner.
    I know of doomotion and BLRadar. What's the third? Are you referring to the bluetooth plugin?

Leave a comment:

• heatvent
    replied
    manxam, it may not hurt to put your request in the HS3 feature request thread. I think what you are asking for is a many-to-many relationship between triggers and actions instead of the one-to-many relationship today. I know I would be interested in this. It would make events much more useful and would reduce the number of events/redundancy needed to do a single task with multiple triggers.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    Although I understand your frustration, and that it has more to do with event triggering than occupancy, it does also speak to another, more philosophical issue. The determination of occupancy: Is the room, building, etc. occupied or not? Seems simple, but in fact, is very difficult for a computer to determine.

There are at least three very sophisticated HS plug-ins that address this issue, each with a following, I'm sure, but no outright winner. There are also countless scripts created by people like you and me that try to accomplish this seeming simple task. All with limited success as well. If home automation has a holy grail, occupancy determination is it!

Leave a comment:

• manxam
    replied
    Richard, thanks as that's what I've ended up doing for the mean time but it really is a rough work around.

Why do simple things have to get so complicated?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Leave a comment:

• TrOjAn
    replied
    Actually my information above is WRONG LOL,

BLOccupied is a plugin to make it LOOK like the house is occupied, blradar has the occupancy thing in it...

Its funny really I have been using them for years and never really look at them now... I couldnt even remember how to get at the config page for 10 minutes LOL.... they just work

TrOjAn

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    No motion for x minutes could be that there is nobody home or it could mean that everyone is in bed asleep. Unless you have bed occupancy sensors, a device that you set manually to asleep mode or use the armed home status of an alarm panel to force the occupied state, then you have problems with detecting occupancy.

I did think about bed sensors, but I feared that they may be a step too far for the WAF, so I implemented the system I described which works 99% of the time.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• --Richard
    replied
    If you want to run a script when there has been no motion, how about:

Device A status has been OFF for at least x minutes
    and
    Device B status has been OFF for at least x minutes
    and
    Device C status has been OFF for at least x minutes
    and
    Device C status has been OFF for at least x minutes
    and

I have not tried this, but the script should run when there has been no motion what so ever for x minutes.

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    The way I achieved basic occupancy detetion is with a callback. Even though the script is called with every device change, the overhead is really minimal.

I defined the detectors I wanted to use as either Entry/Exit or Internal type.

If a triggered device is in the list, then the script saves the last active sensor type and its triggered time to a global variable and updates a virtual occupancy device to the "occupied" status.

An event checks the variable every 5 minutes and if the last active sensor was an Entry/Exit type and it has been more than 5 minutes since the last activity and the virtual device is "occupied", then the virtual device is updated to unoccupied.

This works OK for my requirements with only one problem. If someone gets up early and leaves for work say, whilst others are still in bed, then the exit door is the last triggered device, so 5 minutes later the house is updated to unoccupied when in fact it is occupied. As soon as one of the remaining occupants triggers a sensor, then everything returns to normal.

This scenario does not happen very often in our house so it works pretty well.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• TrOjAn
    replied
    Originally posted by heatvent View Post
    manxam, I use doomotion with HS 2.4 with no problems. Blade was very active up to a few months ago. He is still out there as far as I can tell but much less responsive that previously (not sure why the change, others on the board are more familiar with Blade and can maybe speak to his availability). Regarding BLRadar, it runs in trial mode for 30 days and there is a help link within the plugin with basic setup. He also puts a lot of popup help links within the plugin and the rest is filled in by going into the forum (Blade gets the basics into the plugin help but it is by no means thorough). You can probably look there to see if anyone has had problems with the HSM100.

At the end of the day, I am guessing both doomotion and blradar register a callback in HS anyway.
    Just as a small piece of information:

Blade is currently in disscussion with HST about putting some of his plugins BACK in the HS Updater, I think one of them is actually BLRadar.

Hopefully this WILL happen and then the newer users of Homeseer can also benefit from top class plugins with excellent support as lots of us do at the moment.

Keep your eyes open for this happening soon, (I Hope),

Meanwhile, there is a plugin called BLOccupied that is specifically for occupation think the name gave that away LOL

TrOjAn

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by manxam View Post
    How then would I stop the simulated occupancy IMMEDIATELY when a motion detector becomes "motion"? If the change to motion occurs 1 second after the last run of the reoccuring event, then the motion sensor may turn on a specific group of lights only to have the simulated occupancy turn them right back off as it's "strolling around the house"
    Thanks much!
    To handle this side of the problem I would probably do the following:
    • Create a virtual device to reflect "occupancy".
    • Add an action to each motion event to turn the virtual device on.
    • Create an event that triggers on the virtual device changing to status On that disables the simulated occupancy script.
    • The recurring script would turn the virtual device off (if it decides the house is not occupied).

Leave a comment:

• heatvent
    replied
    manxam, I use doomotion with HS 2.4 with no problems. Blade was very active up to a few months ago. He is still out there as far as I can tell but much less responsive that previously (not sure why the change, others on the board are more familiar with Blade and can maybe speak to his availability). Regarding BLRadar, it runs in trial mode for 30 days and there is a help link within the plugin with basic setup. He also puts a lot of popup help links within the plugin and the rest is filled in by going into the forum (Blade gets the basics into the plugin help but it is by no means thorough). You can probably look there to see if anyone has had problems with the HSM100.

At the end of the day, I am guessing both doomotion and blradar register a callback in HS anyway.

Leave a comment:

• manxam
    replied
    Thanks Stuart. The reason this won't work is because a conditional event (for the HSM100 motion detectors at least) only allows the trigger to be device status change. All subsequent conditions can only be device value change which, unfortunately, Homeseer limits to "is motion" or "no motion"

I'm not quite certain why they've limited conditions to value change. If I could make a conditional event run on

Trigger: Device A status change to Any
    or Group 1
    Device B status change to Any
    or Group 2
    Device C status change to Any

this would be a cakewalk. Unfortunately Homeseer only allows:

Trigger: Device A status change to Any
    or Group 1
    Device B is motion for atleast/currently/exactly
    or Group 2
    Device C is no motion for atleast/currently/exactly.

Thanks for your help!

Leave a comment:

• Stuart
    replied
    how about...
    an event like mrHappy wrote:

XX changed to any status

OR

YY changed to any status

OR

ZZ changed to any status

etc etc

Then the action is to set a vitual device called occupancy(q26) to devicetime 0
    such as &hs.setdevicetime "q26", 0

Then all you need to do is use one event
    If occupancy flag has been on for at least 15 minutes ......

Otherwise everytime you get motion it resets the time back to 0.

Stuart

Leave a comment:

• manxam
    replied
    Mike, that thought never even occured to me

So, lets say that I run an event reoccuring every 5 minutes which runs a script and checks that a) the devices are all "no motion" and that b) X amount of minutes have passed since DeviceLastChange. If so then, run my simulated occupancy script.

How then would I stop the simulated occupancy IMMEDIATELY when a motion detector becomes "motion"? If the change to motion occurs 1 second after the last run of the reoccuring event, then the motion sensor may turn on a specific group of lights only to have the simulated occupancy turn them right back off as it's "strolling around the house"

That's the only reason that I was thinking that a virtual device would be the answer. As soon as it becomes "unoccupied" run script and then as soon as it becomes "occupied" again, disable script.

Perhaps you could throw some more ideas my way on how I'd accomplish this with your example?

Thanks much!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X