Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a Webinar of actual HS User Systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a Webinar of actual HS User Systems?

What are the chances of HST hosting some webinars on actual user systems?

I would love to see what others are doing, how they are doing it, etc. It would be a great showcasing opportunity for HST to demonstrate how actual customers are using the system. It could be an overview of how that user uses HomeSeer, or focus on specific areas like:
    • HSTouch
    • Audio/Video
    • Cool/Unique Automation
    • Lighting
    • Hardware used
    • Specific Plug-ins
    • etc.
    I know based on some of the answers I see posted there are folks here doing some amazing things. Inquiring minds would like to see them.

Bottom Line:
    1. Would HST be willing to host some of these?
    2. Are there folks who would be willing to share their work through that medium?
    Regards,
    Vector

so more like a showcase rather than a webinar.....

i'd watch a recording.... no need for live

Comment

OK, So I guess I was the only one that thought this was beneficial.

Comment

I don't know if a webinar is in order, but I think a "gallery" on the board would be great.

kind of like this part of the avs forum

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=29
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I agree that a webinar is not the way to do this. I would be very hard to do as HST would have get camera's to the spot lite users system to do a webinar. I have an Ocelot as well (connected to HST) and there website has a gallery where the user would post his own show case.

Comment

I would like to see a showcase section within the forums as well. I know occasional there will be thread where people show certain aspects of their systems, but those get burried over time.
            would be nice if there was a section called showcase where each user who wants, can start a thread about their system. And update their post over time as their system grows..

Comment

Got agree it would be nice to see what others are doing.

I did start a thread a while back on similar lines.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=131399

Andy

Comment

showcase thread it is.....

now we just need someone to make the forum so we can all post our setups

Comment

+1 for Showcase thread.

Maybe a new section in the Wiki would be a good idea too. Be easier to sort through, each person would have their own page instead of one long thread.
                  Bryan
                  Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                  Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

For those that were interested, I've added a 'User Showcase' to the HomeSeer Wiki. I've also added a rundown of my setup to it for an example.

Hopefully others will take the initiative and show off their setups too!

Bryan
                    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

This has probably been said, but there is a profiles area for some of the power users here.

http://homeseer.com/profiles/index.htm
                      A computer's attention span is as long
                      as it's powercord.

Comment

Hey Bryan,

I have started my Page, (1st time using Wiki). But I am not sure how to get it to link on the main showcase page...

http://www.homeseer.com/wiki/index.p...orsss_Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by raptorsss View Post
                          Hey Bryan,

I have started my Page, (1st time using Wiki). But I am not sure how to get it to link on the main showcase page...

http://www.homeseer.com/wiki/index.p...orsss_Showcase
                          All set, I went ahead and edited your article and added the line [[Categories:User Showcase]]. Notice on the bottom on your article that the link shows up.
                          Bryan

Comment

Working...
                          X