Edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edge

Is there anyway to control my Carrier Edge Thermostat with HomeSeer?

From looking at the manual:

EXP (Edge Expansion Port) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 15
    The unique EXP – Edge Expansion Port – allows you to use a digital memory
    card to program the thermostat on your computer.
    Other specs mention the words expansion port. Not sure but doesn't look like there's an I/O port on it.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Port

There is an expansion port but it's an accesorry. I ordered it and it should be here monday. How do you think this may allow me to control it with HomeSeer?

Comment

Is the expansion port a card connector? If its a serial IO connector you could theoretically talk to it with HS - you would have to write a plugin to do that though.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Edge

I belive it's a card reader.

Comment

If there is no serial interface or USB interface then it's not going to be possible to communicate with HomeSeer. If you want to control the stat swap it out for one of these:
            http://store.homeseer.com/store/HVAC-C38.aspx
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Not totally sure reading the manual - but it looks like you can take the memory card out of the I/O port and plug it into your computer. It also looks like there's a program that you can run on your computer and it saves to the same memory card. Once saved you can plug it back into the thermostat. I use an OmniStat and it has wires which go to the furnace and a set of RS-232 cables which runs to the panel. These same RS-232 cable can also run to HS and HS can manage the thermostat.

The thermostat's that Rupp is mentioning all are programmable via HS.

Rupp - you are FAST!
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
              X