Simple thermostat control without a tonne of events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple thermostat control without a tonne of events

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm no scripter, so that might be my downfall here, but anyway...

Having installed a couple of zwave WDC-20's (one for each floor), I've now got HS controlling the temperature set-points. THe problem is, there's 5 per day (wake-up, day time, get home, evening, overnight) with variations over the weekend, which means that I've already got 10 events driving the stats, and that will double when I have to set some up for cooling too.

On top of the silly number of events, I want to set the stat to the energysave mode when the alarm is armed, which is easy to do, but when I dis-arm it, I cannot find a way to set the stat back to the correct set-point based on the time of day.

So, is there a plug-in that will do this, or another way?

Thanks, Pete

Events are what HomeSeer was designed to do so I wouldn't worry about having too many. I have 22 events for my stats currently and they have worked fine for years. Set them up and forget about them
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by pwhite8314 View Post
      On top of the silly number of events, I want to set the stat to the energysave mode when the alarm is armed, which is easy to do, but when I dis-arm it, I cannot find a way to set the stat back to the correct set-point based on the time of day.

So, is there a plug-in that will do this, or another way?

Thanks, Pete
      I keep track of what my thermostat should be set at by using a virtual device and storing my 'should be' temperature as it's devicevalue.
      Any event I have that changes the thermostat's setpoint also changes this virtual device's 'devicevalue'. Then when I come home, my 'I'm home' event sets the thermostat's setpoint to this virtual device's devicevalue.
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Thanks Guys. That's a good suggestion Dick, sometimes I miss the obvious 'logical' stuff just because I'm not really wired to be a programmer.

If I run all this from events, and have to do the same thing to set it up for cooling in the summer, is the correct way just to have another virtual device which I set to Heat or Cool, and have all of the events conditional on that status? I.e. if it's set to Heat, then all of the 'cooling' events would not run due to the condition that the virtual device should be set to cool?

Comment

Originally posted by pwhite8314 View Post
          Thanks Guys. That's a good suggestion Dick, sometimes I miss the obvious 'logical' stuff just because I'm not really wired to be a programmer.

If I run all this from events, and have to do the same thing to set it up for cooling in the summer, is the correct way just to have another virtual device which I set to Heat or Cool, and have all of the events conditional on that status? I.e. if it's set to Heat, then all of the 'cooling' events would not run due to the condition that the virtual device should be set to cool?
          That's how I do it. I have 2 virtual devices called 'Heating Season' and 'Cooling Season'. I even have an event to make sure they can't both be 'ON' at the same time.
          Dick
          HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Working...
          X