I Like the UPB Plugin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Like the UPB Plugin!

Wow... I am impressed. We fussed for a long time that UPB failures weren't being tracked properly. I thought we were being ignored.

I saw a new UPB driver and loaded it...Figured it was just a minor fix to keep it line with the major HS release...

WOW...when a device fails it comes back and SHOWS the Failure in the status page AND the logs at a normal logging level.

THANKS. THANKS.

Often someones work goes unnoticed... We I for one noticed... THANKS.

What do you mean a new driver? Did you mean the plugin? Not second guessing just want to make sure I am not missing out on anything.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

There was a new plug-in for UPB, mainly I thought to get rid of the error messages. I forget off the top of my head but it was causing me grief and I rolled back to the previous one.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I was so delighted to see ANY change in the UPB functionality that I wrote to fast... I Meant PLUG-IN.

The new one, in my system, is MUCH happier, and tells me when it fails to communicate with a device. A BIG plus..

Comment

What is the version of you UPB plugin?

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
            What is the version of you UPB plugin?

tenholde
            I believe the current version is 1.03, although I rolled back to the previous version. Thread on it here.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...&highlight=UPB
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Updater shows it as 1.0.3.0

I like it becasue at a NORMAL logging level I get

2/13/2010 9:48:56 AM UPB UPB Command transmit failure. Setting units related to UPB module ID 5 to unknown/failed state
              2/13/2010 9:48:56 AM UPB ** Retry count exceeded, UPB Message transmission failed.

resulting in the folowing showing up in the status lines.....
              Attached Files

Comment

I was getting those same error messages even when a device didn't fail and was working perfectly, go figure.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

Working...
                X