2 Straighforward X10 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Straighforward X10 Questions

1. Is there an ALL ON or ALL OFF command? Utilizing this command seems to yield the quickest response.

2. All I see for level adjustment is DIM X%. Is there a way to both DIM and BRIGHTEN in a relative sense to the starting position, not in an absolute sense?

1) As part of my shutdown drill I run '&hs.execX10 "A", "All Lights Off", 0, 0' to you guessed it turn all the lights off. Believe you can replace All Lights Off with All Units Off (but it is just for the housecode specified).

2) Kindve unsure about the last but if your doing it from an event you have Dim Relative, Dim Absolute and Dim Absolute (Bright First) which if you experiment a little should do what you need - is this what you are on about?

Comment

1. Can you elaborate on what you mean by "running" that command? What and where does that go?

2. I see now. The dim relative is what I want and its in the events section, but it is not in HSTouch "control a HomeSeer Device". That only has on/off and dim %. Seems to be inconsistent. After trying, item seems to be working OK, just have to create extra events to control this.

In the process, I noticed "All Units Off" drop down as well in the events. But for some reason even it is not working. I can see the send "Device: House A All Units Off" from the log, but nothing happens. Any idea about this?

Comment

Sorry I meant run in the sense that I use it as an immediate script command...if you go add action > run script > (switch to advanced view) > put it into the script statement box.

I'm not sure why I did it this way as you have found out the option exists to do it under a device action, i've just tried and I can get it working on one of my house codes.

Maybe i'm wrong on this one but I think that the X10 device itself has to support the command? I seem to remember some light modules respond to the 'all lights off' command and some dont - not sure if this is the same for all units off? If it was not supported then that may explain why its not working for you. Afraid i've not been around X10 long enough to know for definate though.

Comment

It seems that running it with the script does not work either. Its weird because it seems that HomeSeer is sending it properly, but it doesnt go through the CM15A properly or something. Unlike other commands, this one never gets to the "X10 Received" Status.

Comment

Working...
          X