Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server Error in '/' Application - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server Error in '/' Application - Fixed!

I am getting the error below on some pages. I think its the loading of the aspx pages but some do load. Such as the RFX Charts weight page loads but not the Temperature page. Most the the config pages do load. I was trying to get Snevl Caller id going again with the new net caller Id device I recently acquired but those pages will not load either.

I am pretty clueless as to what is causing this.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>
    John

Are you running HS as a service?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Are you running HS as a service?
      Nope
      John

Comment

If you access the page on the HS server itself, you will see the error message. This message indicates you are accessing via remote.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          If you access the page on the HS server itself, you will see the error message. This message indicates you are accessing via remote.
          Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            Thanks, but it looks like I get the same message on the H/S machine
            John

Comment

This error generally indicates a permissions error acessing the asp.net object. Does this still happen if you reboot your HS server?

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatingIT View Post
                This error generally indicates a permissions error acessing the asp.net object. Does this still happen if you reboot your HS server?
                Yes...I just finished rebooting to be sure. The temperature page for sootys RFX charts sometimes will load successfully. So it was not a problem until now when I wanted to load the snevl caller id pages.
                John

Comment

You may want to post this issue in the snevl caller id thread so he knows about this error. It could be he's coping old versions of the required HS .dll's to his package but this is just a guess.

Comment

You may want to post this issue in the snevl caller id thread so he knows about this error. It could be he's coping old versions of the required HS .dll's to his package but this is just a guess.
                    OK Thanks
                    I had been searching around on this issue earlier, would it be possible a reload of my dot net could help?
                    John

Comment

It couldn't hurt to try that.

Comment

Sorry if I wasted anyones time but it seems a reinstall of the snevl caller id with a reboot fixed the issue. I may have tried to put the dll file in the first time with hs running.
                        John

Comment

Huh?
                          Like the description said, the page was being accessed remotely i.e. on a remote PC. If you access the page locally on the server, you get the message i.e. open a browser on the server itself instead of a browser on a remote machine.

This is typically how ASP .NET handles errors - remote clients do not get to see the error message. Only browsers that are on the same server can see the actual stacktrace which would have given the exact error message.

Hope this helps...
                          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                          X