W800rf32a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W800rf32a

I have this device and want to use it with some ds10a's and motion sensors. What is the correct plugin to purchase? I see ACRF and and W800RF on the forum. The W800RF doesn't have any recent posts and many of the posts for the ACRF are negative and indicate that it may not be supported well. Is there a solution that works well?

The latest plugin for this device is the ACRF2 plugin, you can also use the RFXCom plugin. Both are available via the HS updater and both offer free 30 day trials.

Comment

RFXCom?

As Far as I know,

RFXCom does not support the W800rf32a.

Did I miss something?

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll try the ACRF2 plugin.

Comment

You might check out these 2 threads if you haven't already.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...highlight=acrf

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...highlight=acrf

Comment

Originally posted by snedecor View Post
            As Far as I know,

RFXCom does not support the W800rf32a.

Did I miss something?
            That is my understanding as well...
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by mwebster View Post
              I have this device and want to use it with some ds10a's and motion sensors. What is the correct plugin to purchase? I see ACRF and and W800RF on the forum. The W800RF doesn't have any recent posts and many of the posts for the ACRF are negative and indicate that it may not be supported well. Is there a solution that works well?
              If it's any help, I've been using a W800RF for years with ACRF then ACRF2 without any problems.

Andy

Comment

I installed the ARCF2 plugin a while back and it hasn't missed a beat. I have X10 motion sensors as well as a few of the X10 door and window sensors. I wish this receiver could receive some of the wireless temp sensors though.

Comment

Unfortunately, the W800 is a single frequency receiver tuned to US X10 band at 310 MHz. The only way that I am aware of to receive the temp sensors is to use an RFXCOM 433.92 MHz receiver.

The good news is that the ACRF2 plug-in can handle both receivers. Some folks have become impatient with that plug-in because it is not being modified as quickly as they would like, but if you are satisfied with its current capabilities, it is one of the best HS plug-ins available.
                  Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                    The good news is that the ACRF2 plug-in can handle both receivers.
                    And it handles them pretty well. I originally purchased the W800 along with the ACRF2 plug-in, and set things up. When I decided that I needed the temp sensors, I went an bought the RFXCOM, which the ACRF2 also handles.

I guess sometime I should upgrade the RFXCOM to handle X10 stuff as well, get the RFXCOM plug in, and simplify things, but as of yet, I've got no real need to.

I do have an uneasy feeling about support for the ACRF2 plug in, but to be honest, other than a couple of questions when I was starting here, I haven't needed any - the darn thing just works.

I am a little jealous of all the graphing and other additions that the RFXCOM is getting, and the IO board is sounding a little interesting too, but there's nothing that I can't live without - yet..

G

Comment

Working...
                    X