Eliminate Windows Default Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eliminate Windows Default Audio

I want to have a trigger cause a speak action.

But what do I need to do to ensure that I don't hear any other sounds that might wake me in the middle of the night. For example, windows shutdown and startup sounds have woken me in the past when I left the audio on. Are there any other potential sources of audio that may "sneak up" on me and wake me up in the middle of the night? How can I be sure to shut all of these down?

depending on your operating system, it could be a little different, but go into your control panel, select "hardware and sounds" or "sounds," and poke around...you'll find a place where you can adjust your system default sounds. one of the default sound schemes should be "no sounds." use that one. it will still let your computer make noise, but only when you want it to
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Thanks I will have a look. While we are there do you know how to make the speak voice louder? It's quite soft compared to other audio and can be barely heard under normal usage. I don't want to increase my receiver volume since iTunes and my htpc are also using that volume level.

Comment

double click the speaker icon in the task tray and click "options" there's a volume slider there you can us to "balance" your speech volume with everything else on the system.
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

The old Audio mixer, never liked it much. Problem is the htpc is already balanced with my receiver radio volume. So I would lose that.

Comment

It should control the speaker.exe volume separately from your system volume, and not affect your balance in any way. see the attached image to make sure we're on the same page.
            Attached Files
            Plugins:

Comment

Hey thanks. I just totally forgot that existed. It should work now.

Comment

Working...
              X