Z-Stick II - BackUp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Stick II - BackUp

Is there any plan to add backup capability to HS for the Aeon Labs Z-Stick II interface? The documentation states that this should be possible...

Add the Z-Stick to a pre-existing Z-Wave
    network: This must be done through the host
    software which takes control of the Z-Stick USB
    adapter while the Z-Stick is in SerialAPI-Mode.
    Please consult the instruction manual of the
    host software to add the Z-Stick to a preexisting
    Z-Wave network (i.e. “Learn”, “Sync”,
    “Add as Secondary Controller”, etc.). This
    function can only be preformed via the host
    software.

Also - could you add a separate area for the Z-Stick... or at least rename the SmartStick area "Z-Stick/SmartStick"

I hate doing this... but BUMP...

I thought someone from HS would resond to this... I think it is only right that if you sell something that you should support it fully and that is why I am questioning whether the functionality of backing up the network created in the Z-Stick II will ever be a feature of HS. It was for the SmartStick... I would think it should be for the Z-Stick also... especially since HS quit selling the SmartStick due to the fact that the Z-Stick is supposingly the same or better... but without network backup I do not feel you can say the Z-Stick is the same or better.

Comment

Same problem here
      I like to replace my current Aeon stick with a new one.
      What are the steps to do this?
      There must be a simple backup option?

Comment

We are fully supporting the features of the Aeon Labs stick THAT ARE AVAILABLE from the manufacturer. The ability to restore and backup your configuration to a file is a part of the INSTALLER library from Zensys, and is not something we can do in software without this.

We told Aeon that the installer library was something that we thought they should put in the device, and they have sent us firmware that has this, but it was not working correctly. We still have not received any other firmware to try from them but will do so immediately upon receipt of new code.

So megatron2, you need to contact Aeon Labs if you want it to move more quickly.

The procedures to use the Aeon Labs controller is no different than what life is with HomeSeer for people who never owned a Z-Troller or the Wayne Dalton controller - replication or replication with transfer primary. If the transfer involves another PC interface rather than a handheld controller, then you will need another copy of HomeSeer or Z-Tool, or will need to wait for the installer library firmware from Aeon Labs.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thanks for the reply on this issue and thank you for creating a Z-Stick area on the message board.

I understand the status at this point and might try to request assistance with the issue with Aeon Labs, but ulitmately I think it is crazy to think that my voice will be heard over yours when requesting this feature to be implemented correctly. The way I see it you should push a little harder and simply state that you will not sell their product anymore unless they correct this situation. You have the power to fix the problem... I simply have the power to not buy their product.

I do question HomeSeer's decision to stop selling the SmartStick in the name of redundancy now that you sell the Z-Stick when it does not have the ability to backup the network like the SmartStick did.
          Last edited by megatron2; March 7, 2010, 10:28 AM. Reason: changed tone...

Comment

Aeon Zstick Backup

Originally posted by Chak View Post
            Same problem here
            I like to replace my current Aeon stick with a new one.
            What are the steps to do this?
            There must be a simple backup option?
            Hi Chak,
            Did you manage to get zstick backup? Can you share how to do it?

Regards,

Chin

Comment

Originally posted by cyf4746 View Post
              Hi Chak,
              Did you manage to get zstick backup? Can you share how to do it?

Regards,

Chin
              I would like this also....

Comment

Working...
              X