Questions about "Disable Automatic Event Triggering"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about "Disable Automatic Event Triggering"

Can anyone explain what "Disable Automatic Event Triggering" means. For that matter, what is automatic event triggering?

Why is it that the only way I can get an On or Off command from my RemoteLinc to trigger an event is with that function enabeled (Box unchecked)?

And while I'm here, is it better to trigger an event from a RemoteLinc through an "Insteon Special Trigger" or smply a "Device Status Change" and what's the rational for one over the other?

I looked in the Help section but couldn't find any reference to either so I hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Tom

Originally posted by tomsans View Post
    Can anyone explain what "Disable Automatic Event Triggering" means. For that matter, what is automatic event triggering?

Why is it that the only way I can get an On or Off command from my RemoteLinc to trigger an event is with that function enabeled (Box unchecked)?

And while I'm here, is it better to trigger an event from a RemoteLinc through an "Insteon Special Trigger" or smply a "Device Status Change" and what's the rational for one over the other?

I looked in the Help section but couldn't find any reference to either so I hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Tom
    They could have named it better. It really just enables / disables the event. By default, it is selected after the creation of an event - to prevent unintended triggering until you are "ready". The only way to run it with the box checked is manually.

Comment

Really! You're right, a more descriptive name is in order.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Funny, as they just changed this in recent versions from Disable event.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X