No announcement yet.

motion sensor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin, not sure what your goal is here. If you are just toying around with the idea, X10 might be an inexpensive way to do a test drive. You could use multiple tranceivers on different house codes (zones) if range is a problem. If you are more serious or want more reliable or more professional looking equipment and don't mind the cost, then the Z wave sensors would be the way to go. The plus also is you get temp sensors to boot. They are pricey though.

Comment

Well, I was going to go with the zwave HSM100 until I found this active thread:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=139856

If it has to be plugged in to work then I am not interested.

Kevin

Comment

I have 6 of these and don't have those problems. I use batteries.

Comment

Hey Joe,

Are you happy with these sensors?
          Is the battery life decent as well?

Thanks,
          Kevin

Comment

I had a hell of a time with them when switching to 2.4 but it was an issue with dooMotion and the way I had them set up.

Now they work great and yes I am very happy with them. Aside from all the info they give you I love that you can control the sensitivity as well. Great for pets.

As far as battery life, it comes down to how often you have the sensor "wake up" and report light level, battery level and temperature. You can set this for as often as every 6 minutes to something like a week or more I think.

I set mine for 6 minutes to keep the data fresh and my batteries last around 3 months in a heavy traffic area.

If you set it to report once an hour you could extend that to more like 9 months a year I bet.

Comment

i tried doomotion... just installed it as this thread hits some points...

but i got a license expired... so guess ill not try it...
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Telefragger, I just downloaded DooMotion last night and sent in a support ticket asking for a 30 day trial. Within 5 minutes Gary had responded with a serial.

Give it a try.

Cheers!

Comment

Unsolicited advice: Buy DooMotion - it is totally worth every penny
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                    Unsolicited advice: Buy DooMotion - it is totally worth every penny
                    i have bought a lot and not using it all... so id rather try it first... as $50 is a bit much right now to just drop on a maybe use product for me...

i have 19 motion sensors in original packaging that i still need to go through and install!!!!!
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                    X