• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    Unsolicited advice: Buy DooMotion - it is totally worth every penny
    i have bought a lot and not using it all... so id rather try it first... as $50 is a bit much right now to just drop on a maybe use product for me...

i have 19 motion sensors in original packaging that i still need to go through and install!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Unsolicited advice: Buy DooMotion - it is totally worth every penny

Leave a comment:

• manxam
    replied
    Telefragger, I just downloaded DooMotion last night and sent in a support ticket asking for a 30 day trial. Within 5 minutes Gary had responded with a serial.

Give it a try.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    i tried doomotion... just installed it as this thread hits some points...

but i got a license expired... so guess ill not try it...

Leave a comment:

• joegrace13
    replied
    I had a hell of a time with them when switching to 2.4 but it was an issue with dooMotion and the way I had them set up.

Now they work great and yes I am very happy with them. Aside from all the info they give you I love that you can control the sensitivity as well. Great for pets.

As far as battery life, it comes down to how often you have the sensor "wake up" and report light level, battery level and temperature. You can set this for as often as every 6 minutes to something like a week or more I think.

I set mine for 6 minutes to keep the data fresh and my batteries last around 3 months in a heavy traffic area.

If you set it to report once an hour you could extend that to more like 9 months a year I bet.

Leave a comment:

• sleighbor
    replied
    Hey Joe,

Are you happy with these sensors?
    Is the battery life decent as well?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• joegrace13
    replied
    I have 6 of these and don't have those problems. I use batteries.

Leave a comment:

• sleighbor
    replied
    Well, I was going to go with the zwave HSM100 until I found this active thread:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=139856

If it has to be plugged in to work then I am not interested.

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• heatvent
    replied
    Kevin, not sure what your goal is here. If you are just toying around with the idea, X10 might be an inexpensive way to do a test drive. You could use multiple tranceivers on different house codes (zones) if range is a problem. If you are more serious or want more reliable or more professional looking equipment and don't mind the cost, then the Z wave sensors would be the way to go. The plus also is you get temp sensors to boot. They are pricey though.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Originally posted by sleighbor View Post
    Hello,

The range might be a problem for this x10 setup with the TM751. I think I would rather not get involved with the WGL800. Maybe I should spend some money on the more expensive. zwave sensors. They cost more but it sounds like they will be more easier to setup and more reliable.

Thank you,
    Kevin
    I think with the Z-Wave detectors, you get temperature and light level detection as well, so you wont go wrong with that decision.

Let us know how you get along!

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    Can an event be created when there is no motion?

I have a Hawkeye and wanted to turn off a light which is triggered by a ds10 when the door opens. When the door closes, it will turn off the light. But, should someone leave the door open and walk out of the room for a period of time, I'd like to turn off the light.

So the action would be no motion for n period of time.

Robert
    You can definitely do this with homeseer events, but I am very partial to DooMotion - it is easily done within this plugin and you can tailor it to prevent multiple firings.

But, the biggest reason to do this in DooMotion is that the plug-in will guarantee that your OFF will be executed without relying on the OFF being sent by the motion detector. This is handy because some of the motion detectors OFFs can be delay-configured or sometimes the OFF is never received. DooMotion really does guarantee that you can turn a light off once it has been turned on.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by joegrace13 View Post
    You should have no problems fireing off an event when the motion sensor sends a no-motion signal.

i too do the same thing...

garage open door :
    concord4 alarm door sensor open = lights on and motion tripped
    close door - do nothing.....
    motion off - lights off

I did that because if you open door and light on.... then close door behind you and light off... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr so fixed with motion tripping...

then i have the motion set for 10 or so minutes of no motion to send an off...

i have this on my garage door, utility room, crawl space, foyer, hallway, laundry room (second floor), master closet

works like a champ...

i however have to replace my motion sensors... i have purchased 19 ms13a (they are white so i think that is the model)...

so if you need motions... i will be selling ms14a's and ms16a's...

or new i could get you a link on x10.com but private messages seem to be disabled....and that is where i had all that stored....

Leave a comment:

• joegrace13
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post

I have a Hawkeye and wanted to turn off a light which is triggered by a ds10 when the door opens. When the door closes, it will turn off the light. But, should someone leave the door open and walk out of the room for a period of time, I'd like to turn off the light.

Robert
    You should have no problems fireing off an event when the motion sensor sends a no-motion signal.

Leave a comment:

• joegrace13
    replied
    I use a system exactly like rmasonjr as well as using a bunch of HSM100s.

IMHO the HSM100s are great. Aside from the extra data they give you (temp, light level) they also report their battery level so I have a script that looks at all the battery levels of all my devices and emails me when they are getting low, so no surprise dead devices.

You can also control the sensitivity of the HSM100s which has been great with my cats\dog.

They are a lot more expensive but my advice would be to pick up a few of the Hawkeyes and at least one HSM100 and play with them all.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied

Robert

Leave a comment:

Working...
X