Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sleighbor
    replied
    Very cool. I'll let you know what I decide on and how it works out.

thanks Rob and everyone.

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• sleighbor
    replied
    Hello,

The range might be a problem for this x10 setup with the TM751. I think I would rather not get involved with the WGL800. Maybe I should spend some money on the more expensive. zwave sensors. They cost more but it sounds like they will be more easier to setup and more reliable.

Thank you,
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Just to echo what the guys have already said:

Your tm751 will hear the X10 motion sensors (not the security sensors) and put them on the powerline. Your TI103 will only transmit X10 commands. You will likely need either the WGL800 or the RFXCOM along with the appropriate plug-in (software) to allow HS to be notified.

You also have the route of Z-Wave motion sensors which work with the Z-Wave controllers that HS supports and no plug-in would be required for this.

Hope that helps - you're embarking on one of the cooler aspects of HA!

Leave a comment:

• heatvent
    replied
    Originally posted by sleighbor View Post
    Hey.

I have a TM751! So the TM751 will pick up the wireless signals sent our from the motion sensors and and then the TI103 will see it? that is fantastic!

Thank you both so much for the info. Time to buy an x10 motion sensor!

Kevin
    Kevin, FYI, the TM751 only picks up the normal X10 RF signals (i.e. Hawkeye type motion detectors using House Code and Device Code). X10 also has security motion detectors which are encrypted. You need the 310mhz W800RF or the RFXCom for these. Also, if you are going to make this a permanent part of your setup, the W800/RFXCom will probably give you better range and performance since the signal goes straight for the antenna to HS rather than going through the powerline...but depends on your needs. There are also Zwave motion/temperature sensors (HSM100 sold by HS) that I believe may work with your Zwave setup?

Leave a comment:

• sleighbor
    replied
    Hey.

I have a TM751! So the TM751 will pick up the wireless signals sent our from the motion sensors and and then the TI103 will see it? that is fantastic!

Thank you both so much for the info. Time to buy an x10 motion sensor!

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Dave W
    replied
    Originally posted by sleighbor View Post
    Hi Rob,

I have an ACT HomePro TI103 x10 interface to send x10 signals from HomeSeer. Will that be able to receive the x10 signals like the WGL800?

thanks!
    Kevin
    No the TI103 can not pickup RF signals from the X10 motion detectors.
    Besides the WGL800 which receives the X10 RF commands and couples them directly to the computer via the USB port, you could also use a TM751 or RR501 tranceiver from X10 which picks up the RF command from the X10 motion sensor and couples it on to the homes powerlines so the TI103 can pick it up.

Leave a comment:

• sleighbor
    replied
    Hi Rob,

This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I have an ACT HomePro TI103 x10 interface to send x10 signals from HomeSeer. Will that be able to receive the x10 signals like the WGL800?

thanks!
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    I have a lot of the X10 eagleeye/hawkeye sensors. I use a WGL800 receiver and the ACRF2 plug-in to process those signals. HS receives the signals via the plug-in. Another software layer I use is DooMotion to control lighting based on those motion sensors firing/not-firing.

So, the way my install works with motion:

motion detector -> WGL800 (receiver) -> ACRF2 (plug-in) -> DooMotion (plug-in) -> HS

I have z-wave lighting only, so I cant comment on the z-wave motion sensors.

Leave a comment:

• sleighbor
    started a topic motion sensor question

motion sensor question

Hey guys,

I do not have any motion sensors at home and would like to add some but I am not sure which one to buy because I am not sure exactly how the sensors work with HomeSeer. I have x10 and zWave running so either is fine.

Does the motion sensor send a signal back to HomeSeer? Or do I need additional hardware to interface between the sensor and HomeSeer?

Sorry about the basic question but I don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Thank you,
    Kevin
Working...
X