Webcamxp - camera not online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webcamxp - camera not online

I have the camera selected and can view it. When I click the link on the bottom right it goes to an explorer window that says camera not online. I don't understand since the online mode is turned on. When it is off, then there is no connection at all. As it stands, it shows me everything I expect but just that picture saying camera offline

What IP adress and port number are you trying to connect to?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

The link it generates is the computer name with port 8080. I also tried just entering the ip manually (the same one that HS runs on), with port 8080. If I try anything else, I just get a "connection has timed out". This indicates to me that the above ip's and ports are going to the right place...but for some reason the camera is just not showing.

I get the same result. Camera is offline...please try again later.

Comment

Do you have a firewall running on the WebcamXP/HomeSeer computer? If so you need to open port 8080...
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I turned the firewall completely off, but it still does the same thing. I read through the manual and can't see how I have done anything wrong. Maybe it just isn't working properly. I can try it on another computer maybe.

Comment

I've never had problems with WebcamXPs internal web server before, except for firewall (or anitivirus-software) issues.

If you are using IE; does the adress have the http:// part in front?

Comment

You may have to set up port forwarding. I had to do this to access webcamXp from an external site. I have webcamXP configured such that it shows my static IP address at the bottom of the page. But you should still be able to access the webpage from any computer on your LAN by entering the LAN IP addressand port number of the computer running webcamXP. For example http://192.168.x.x:8080

Hope this helps.
              Steve Q
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I do have port forwarding setup but I think only affects external access. I can't even get the cam to show up with local access. It makes it to the page, just says camera is offline. I think it's some kinda bug

Comment

What version are you using?

And have you tried a different "method"? Try JavaScript or Flash (change to the other).

Comment

I tried on a different computer and it worked just fine. I did chose the pro 60 option though instead of the free 1 cam license. No idea how to solve on the other machine though since I am doing everything properly. I am thinking it is a software thing.

Comment

Stupid me, I thought by buying the pro version I might get a different software executable that would do the trick. It's the same thing, just unlocked and still not working. Crap.

Comment

I've used WebcamXP on many computers, and it's always worked.

Have you tried changing the port? Perhaps port 8080 is already in use...

Comment

It's just weird. I installed an older version and it works just fine. I even have it linked to hstouch already. It's in 8080. It's really weird. I sent their customer support an email so we will see. The problem is this is not acting like any typical problem scenario.

Comment

I was using 5.5.0.0 and they just updated to 5.5.0.1. That fixed the problem right away. It was a software error evidently.

Comment

Originally posted by aslamma View Post
                              I was using 5.5.0.0 and they just updated to 5.5.0.1. That fixed the problem right away. It was a software error evidently.
                              Other than that it's working good for you? How much CPU usage are you seeing?
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                              X