Webcamxp - camera not online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I just got it going via remote login, but it seems to be just fine. When I emailed customer support, they told me to get the update as if they were very aware of the issue. As far as CPU, it's about 1-3%. I will double check later though.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by aslamma View Post
    I was using 5.5.0.0 and they just updated to 5.5.0.1. That fixed the problem right away. It was a software error evidently.
    Other than that it's working good for you? How much CPU usage are you seeing?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I was using 5.5.0.0 and they just updated to 5.5.0.1. That fixed the problem right away. It was a software error evidently.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It's just weird. I installed an older version and it works just fine. I even have it linked to hstouch already. It's in 8080. It's really weird. I sent their customer support an email so we will see. The problem is this is not acting like any typical problem scenario.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    I've used WebcamXP on many computers, and it's always worked.

Have you tried changing the port? Perhaps port 8080 is already in use...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Stupid me, I thought by buying the pro version I might get a different software executable that would do the trick. It's the same thing, just unlocked and still not working. Crap.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I tried on a different computer and it worked just fine. I did chose the pro 60 option though instead of the free 1 cam license. No idea how to solve on the other machine though since I am doing everything properly. I am thinking it is a software thing.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    What version are you using?

And have you tried a different "method"? Try JavaScript or Flash (change to the other).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I do have port forwarding setup but I think only affects external access. I can't even get the cam to show up with local access. It makes it to the page, just says camera is offline. I think it's some kinda bug

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    You may have to set up port forwarding. I had to do this to access webcamXp from an external site. I have webcamXP configured such that it shows my static IP address at the bottom of the page. But you should still be able to access the webpage from any computer on your LAN by entering the LAN IP addressand port number of the computer running webcamXP. For example http://192.168.x.x:8080

Hope this helps.
    Steve Q

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    I've never had problems with WebcamXPs internal web server before, except for firewall (or anitivirus-software) issues.

If you are using IE; does the adress have the http:// part in front?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I turned the firewall completely off, but it still does the same thing. I read through the manual and can't see how I have done anything wrong. Maybe it just isn't working properly. I can try it on another computer maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Do you have a firewall running on the WebcamXP/HomeSeer computer? If so you need to open port 8080...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The link it generates is the computer name with port 8080. I also tried just entering the ip manually (the same one that HS runs on), with port 8080. If I try anything else, I just get a "connection has timed out". This indicates to me that the above ip's and ports are going to the right place...but for some reason the camera is just not showing.

I get the same result. Camera is offline...please try again later.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    What IP adress and port number are you trying to connect to?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X