Error - Couldn't get process informaiton from remote machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error - Couldn't get process informaiton from remote machine

Long story short....I got a virus and it resulted in me re-formatting the drive with the master restore disk. What a pain.

Running a Toshiba laptop with Vista. Have ms.net 1.1 with SP installed.

HS tells me it install correctly. When I try to run it, I get this error message......

"Error Loading" - Couldn't get process informaiton from remote machine

Have uninstalled/re-installed both HS and MS.net several times. What to do?

Don

What version of HS did you load? If you are running HS 2.x your need Microsoft 2.0 .net
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

trying to install HS 2.0. when I try to install MS.net 2.0, it tells me my machine already has that installed.

Comment

Are you loading the latest HS version from here:
        http://www.homeseer.com/downloads?

Is this error being reported in the HomeSeer log file or a popup? Post your first 2- or so lines from the HS log file after restarting HS.

Comment

HS never fully starts. No log file to access. It is a popup error. I am trying to install from HS 2.0 from my CD. I will try from the web-site.....but I expect then I will have to deal with converting the trial version to my paid version ?

Comment

Get the same issue after it is 'installed successfully' from the downloaded version too.....

Comment

Are you logging in as an admin user? Have you disable UAC?

Comment

I checked the help desk and we have only recieved 2 reports of this since the release of HS 2.x. The fix for both users was to reload their OS. The 2.0 .net frame work was corrupt.

Comment

I had heard of UAC but didn't know what it was. Found it....turned it off and now HS runs. Now all I have to do is re-set up all of my functionality.

Thanks for your help.

Don

ps - don't you just love Vista?

Comment

Glad this worked for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X