Rs 232 control of LG LCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rs 232 control of LG LCD

I just ordered a new flat screen from LG. I chose LG as it has a rs-232 interface that can be used for controlling.

So.. can someone help me make a basic script that i can use as a starting point for controlling it. I dont know much about scripting, but i think i have the skills to manipulate them.

I'm looking for basic on/off, volume, and change input. A virtual device to store status info so i can make some if/then/else statements would also be nice

The documentation is included in the TVs manual. Like on page 170 and forward in this one http://www.lge.com/no/support/produc...oduct-profile#

I attached the important part of the manual to this post.
    I would really appreciate help here

I have also bought a Denon receiver with rs-232 but there i have the Denon plug in to help me.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by markus.bergvoll; March 5, 2010, 07:38 PM.

Markus,
    I'm not sure if the brackets are required as it's not clear to me in the documentation. Try this and see if this will turn on the TV.

sub main()
    hs.OpenComPort 5,"9600,N,8,1",1,"",""
    hs.SendToComPort 5,"ka 0 01"+vbcr
    hs.closeComPort(5)
    end sub
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks!

As soon as i get the TV up and running i will try this. Hopefully in a couple of days

Comment

Here is an aspx page I wrote some time ago to control my LG tv from Homeseer (remove the .txt extension). You will need to edit com port and channel info of course. Never did volume since that is on my amplifier, but it should be easily extended. The codes look the same on first inspection.

If you perchance use Stipus's Remote Script Connector, I have some C# code that I wrote to control the TV from a small window on a remote machine, which I could also post.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, i didn't catch your replay.
          The TV is in, and i have the cat 5 cable running to it, but i'm waiting for some RJ45 to rs-232 connectors from ebay

I will try both of the suggestions when the connectors arrive. My goal is to make this work with status from the TV in a virtual device in HS and HST Integration. I have also the global cache and soon the GC-IRE so I hope to make some "stunning" macros with my LG TV, my denon receiver, and some url and ir commands to XBMC.

Thanks to both of you

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Markus,
            I'm not sure if the brackets are required as it's not clear to me in the documentation. Try this and see if this will turn on the TV.

sub main()
            hs.OpenComPort 5,"9600,N,8,1",1,"",""
            hs.SendToComPort 5,"ka 0 01"+vbcr
            hs.closeComPort(5)
            end sub
            This worked perfectly Thanks

couldn't make the asp.net page work. I renamed to tv.aspx. It looks like its redirecting to TV.aspx so i thought that might help. Looked in the source code and i couldn't find the reason for it not working. I did change the com ports. But for now this is not important as i have confirmed it working

Thanks again.

Comment

In case anyone else is wondering what the "Back" command is for LG TV "Previous channel" function. Found it it's call "Q.View" in the manual provided here. the key is "1A"

sub main()
              hs.OpenComPort 4,"9600,N,8,1",1,"",""
              hs.SendToComPort 4,"mc 0 1A"+vbcr
              hs.closeComPort(4)
              end sub
              Last edited by kevind; October 9, 2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X