No announcement yet.

Aeon Labs D/W sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one of the Aeon Labs doorway sensors and it went through 3 batteries in a few months. For this reason, it sits in a box of other junk.

Oh, and all of the issues the original poster has, I had too. I was really not impressed.

In my case, I was trying to use it in an application where the door was open more than closed, so perhaps that is why I also had a battery life issue. Maybe it doesn't go to sleep properly if the contact is open. Does anyone know for sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
      I have one of the Aeon Labs doorway sensors and it went through 3 batteries in a few months. For this reason, it sits in a box of other junk.
      How old is the device - do you know what firmware version it has on it? I have only had 1 that started eating batteries but it had hit the tile floor more than a half dozen times from over six feet - replaced it with another aeon labs sensor and no issues with battery life again.
      Last edited by kaldoon; July 15, 2011, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I guess it is about 9 months old from when I bought it new. I have no idea about its firmware because I reinstalled Homeseer since using it last. Mine was never dropped.

Comment

What Version of HomeSeer are you running? Would you be willing to to try it again?

Comment

Working...
          X