X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dschoppe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mkotlarz View Post
    Don, do you have any idea which plugin has better functionality/stability the Nuvo or Russound ones?
    Mike, sorry I can't speak to this. I have been meaning to install the Russound PI for a while; other projects always seem to take precedence. I think your best bet is to ask for specific input in the Russound and Nuvo forums:

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=849
    http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=909

Don

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Dan - thanks for pointing me to that thread. I want to avoid using X-10 and / or individually powered speakers.

Not against using PC and individual sound cards however. I will have to purchase an amp, or multiple amps. I plan on having in-wall speakers wire back to a central location, but that could change depending on what I learn.

Will be trolling the threads.

Leave a comment:

• sic0048
    replied
    Originally posted by Mkotlarz View Post
    I have 12 zones of Audio wth speakers pre-wired in my house. Assuming no budget constraints (well keep it under $20k), what whole house audio system would you integrate with Homeseer. I'd prefer if it also had a standalone RF control.

No wired touchscreens please. IP control through PCs is preferred.

Thanks

Mike
    I'm not aware of any that have built-in RF control. Keep in mind that even though many of the "whole house" systems will have keypads, you are not obligated to install them if you have some other method of control. I've personally set up my system without any keypads, and a system for my parents with just a couple of keypads (like in the master bathroom). In the main rooms, we use other forms of control. Either regular IR remote controls, or touchscreens, UMPCs, etc, etc, etc.

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    How-To rename the driver:
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...t=driver+sound

Looks like I have to re-add the screen captures...

Oh well...

OK, enough derailing!

--Dan

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Thanks Dan - I will read thru that thread.

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    Monk,

Great idea! Start a new thread, and then you and dhayner can ask all the questions you want. I'll do my best to answer. Worst case, I can always get on the phone with you and we can discuss. You can always PM me over at CT (same user name).

There was a thread (can't seem to find it) where I explained my setup, in some detail.

EDIT:
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...usb+sound+card

Also, I was able to eliminate the circuit, by using a neat "trick" to get Windows to "see" each soundcard as something different then the default MFTR. name. I also noticed on that thread that I had ~$200. Part of that difference was the cost of the circuit board for "booting" the sound cards properly.

--Dan
    Last edited by drozwood90; March 11, 2010, 09:20 AM. Reason: Found thread

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Low cost alternative.

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
    Rolled my own...including the cost of speakers and sound cards...not including the cost of my time...less than $100 for 8 zones. The 9th is the audio announcer for the whole house. For another $5-7, I can get another zone implemented in a few minutes.

If you wanted to go this route...it's not that hard to do. I'm more then willing to help where I can. So...let's call it $7 / zone more...$121 is under your budget...do you need amplifiers? If so, tack on maybe $20 per zone.

--Dan
    Dan - I would like to discuss your methods - not wanting to derail this thread, where the OP is willing to spend serious cash, I could start a another thread..? No PM here - we could move it to CT..

Leave a comment:

• Mkotlarz
    Guest replied
    Thanks for the input guys.

Don, do you have any idea which plugin has better functionality/stability the Nuvo or Russound ones?

Thanks

Mike

Leave a comment:

• dschoppe
    replied
    Mike,

You might check out some of the multi-source, multi-zone products from Russound such as the CAV6.6. Combined with a Russound VM-1, you could also distribute up to 1080p video via CAT5.

Homeseer tech has also written a plug-in for the Russound.

Regards,
    Don

Leave a comment:

• dhayner
    replied
    You have my attention.

Following the 'rolled my own' lead,

Been thinking about this lately far more than doing anything about it. Unlike the OP though, I have no prior wiring setup. 4 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, patio, garage. Those are all potential spots I'd like audio to be available to.

Leaving out the actual speakers of probably various types depending on location...

I have two 5.1 channel amps at my disposal, which could equal 10 mono channels or 4 stereo ones, although I suppose only two sources in total depending on hookup.

I'm very curious about your extremely low-cost sounding setup.

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    Rolled my own...including the cost of speakers and sound cards...not including the cost of my time...less than $100 for 8 zones. The 9th is the audio announcer for the whole house. For another $5-7, I can get another zone implemented in a few minutes.

If you wanted to go this route...it's not that hard to do. I'm more then willing to help where I can. So...let's call it $7 / zone more...$121 is under your budget...do you need amplifiers? If so, tack on maybe $20 per zone.

--Dan

Leave a comment:

• Mkotlarz
    Guest started a topic Greenfild Whole House Audio with Homeseer

Greenfild Whole House Audio with Homeseer

I have 12 zones of Audio wth speakers pre-wired in my house. Assuming no budget constraints (well keep it under $20k), what whole house audio system would you integrate with Homeseer. I'd prefer if it also had a standalone RF control.

No wired touchscreens please. IP control through PCs is preferred.

Thanks

Mike
Working...
X