• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    thanks trojan!

Leave a comment:

• TrOjAn
    replied
    http://www.homeeasy.eu/product_image...1c_v001_ap.jpg may be worth a look, I believe they can be controlled via RFXCom plugin and the relevent transmitter.

TrOjAn

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    oh, and something that woudl work in the UK, otherwise Insteon is better for security though the potential lock fail issue remains?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    thank you very much, i got it to work now with the correct wiring!

on the note of security, are there any computer-controllable lock alternatives to x10, i know there is keypad controls and other remote systems, but im looking for a lock that could be locked and unlocked from my PC ?

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    What Michael says is correct, there is no voltage output from the universal module...rather just the opening and closing of the relay coils (this is the clicking sound you are hearing when you turn it on)

On a side note i'd personally just be careful if this is opening an outside door, X10 is not what i'd personally rely upon to stop my house getting done over. IMHO the protocol is not particularly secure and reliable enough, OK for an inside door though.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    MY memory of the universal module is that it is essentially a relay that can be controlled over the powerline X10 protocol. That means it does not source or sink any current, but only acts as a switch for a low voltage circuit. You still need to have a source of 24VDC that is input to one of the universal module contacts, the other contact to the lock and the other lock connection to the ground to complete the circuit

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Universal Module with Mortice Lock

Universal Module with Mortice Lock

The essence of the question is how to make the Universal Module ( http://www.uk-automation.co.uk/marmi...le-p-1094.html ) unlock this Mortice Lock (http://www.uk-automation.co.uk/produ...oducts_id=1204) when I manually press the On button on the Universal Module?
    I don't know if I'm connecting the components correctly, but when I connect a cable from the Universal Module directly to the Mortice Lock and plug the Universal Module into the mains, then pressing the On button on the Universal Module does not cause the lock to unlock, although i hear a click sound when i press On ?
    Is this Universal Module not meant to work with this Mortice Lock? But in the specs, the Mortice Lock should be opened with 24v DC = 0.08A and Universal Module output is up to 5A at 24 V DC ?
    Now if i disconnect the Universal Module from the Mortice Lock, and instead connect a mains adaptor that outputs 12V DC at 0.5A directly to the Mortice Lock, then when i plug the adaptor into the mains, I am able to manually move the lock part with my fingers as long as the adaptor is in the mains. This is not what i want though, because 1) i would like the Universal Module to unlock the Mortice Lock not this mains adaptor and 2) even with the mains adaptor I thought the lock should open itself fully, rather than require me to manually exert quite a lot of force to move the lock part with my fingers?
    In summary, what am i doing wrong and how could i make the Universal Module properly unlock the Mortice Lock when i press the On button?

Thanks!
Working...
X