Mapi error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mapi error

Just upgraded to new Windows 7 x64 and migrated Homeseer over when only a little effort.

Upon loading I'm getting this error message.

Error in class init. Component msmapi32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered. A file is missing or invalid.

How do I fix this?

THANKS!

Doing a quick G search noticed that W7 comes with no email client. Many folks are have similiar issues with VB and W7 and "msmapi32.ocx".

Some interesting reading.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...74(VS.85).aspx
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'm getting the above error as well on Server 2008 R2, with HS Pro 2.4.0.11 and Outlook 2010 connected to Exchange 2007, is there a fix?

I've tried to read the info on the above link but doesn't really explain that much too me, totally over my head?

Thanks
      Lance

Comment

If it isn't there already try installing that Windows Live email client.

Or perhaps you can transplant that msmapi32.ocx and use the Command Prompt box to regsvr32 msmapi32.ocx

~Bill

Comment

thanks Bill, I think between your suggestion and downgrading to 2007 it now works.

Cheers
          Lance

Comment

An update from my last post, it seems that my problem was the fact I was installing the x64 version of Office 2010 and not x86.

x86 now installed and it works with HS
            Lance

Comment

Working...
            X