Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker Client, Multiple Platforms?

Hello.

No doubt you have been asked this quite a bit, but I think it is an important question. Given the nature of homeseer, and its great ability to control things within the household, has any thought been put into expanding it (not the server) but rather the client link-ins to other operating systems.

With the rapid expansion of things like netbooks, tablets and so much more it just seams that allowing both the speaker client, and hstouch to work in a linux enviroment would open this technology up much more.

Whilst I think it is good value, when you look at the cost of the HS systems, and then adding more bits and peices, I think having a speaker client, that connected on a linux machine would really add value to the product and make it a lot easier to enter into houses. That is the biggest problem I often think is the lack of controls (other than buttons or the web interface etc). HSTOUCH is fantastic, and I find it quite useful in my playing around, but it would be great to have an all in one solution, where I have a small linux machine, even an intergrated linux touchscreen in multiple houses in the room, either through WIFI or Ethernet, and they run both the touchscreen hstouch and the speaker client.

Even having the ability to run the speaker client itself on linux, I put a link as an example, but I saw a thing a while back about a plug in microPC for $100US, this one linked has WIFI, and bluetooth. Why not link the bluetooth to speakers and mic, and wifi to the other. If it has USB could maybe even link a touchscreen into it and have the whole interface set up.

http://www.globalscaletechnologies.c...-standard.aspx

The only other thing, was it would be nice to see the speaker client expanded somewhat more. I think its great to be able to TTS with it, and have it do VR, but given it has a media player, it would be nice to be able to use it to play streams, and other media files, ether from itself, or other computers streamed. Don't know how it would work, but I think again it would be a great feature.

I don't want it to sound like I am bagging out the system. I quite like it and am in the process of getting all the bits and peices I need to install it in the house I am building in Australia. What i do think however is that if some of the client software could be expanded to support more than just windows, it would open this software up so much more. And allow so much more to happen.

Example (although somewhat possible I guess already).
    Connect USB-UIRT as well as light controllers etc.
    Run Linux Tablet, with HSTOUCH + Inbuilt Speaker Client (VR / TTS)
    Act as a smart remote, turning on things, and things off change channels, but even being able to yell at the remote to turn on the TV.

Example 2
    Cheap Linux based netbook with touchscreen insert (cheap on ebay)
    Flip screen over, and allow users to turn on and off things as a cheap touchscreen, and also yell at the screen, stream music to, from it. Watch movies on it streamed from other client or server.
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Here's the HSTouch client for linux.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=134939
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Any plans to intergrate media playing (streaming, remote & local) as well as the speaker client into hstouch for windows and linux?
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Even running a client for android that is speaker and hstouch would be fantasic, then you could unlock items like this one, use them cheaply around the house as controllers and media portals / touchscreens / vr tts clients

http://www.slashgear.com/enso-zenpad...t-155-2579061/

Comment

Working...
        X