Which is better CM12 with TM13 or CM15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is better CM12 with TM13 or CM15

I know TM13 is limited to one house code so I would need multiple TM13's for more than one housecode. but at the moment the CM12 /TM13 configuration seems to work ok. Should I throw these out and install a single CM15 instead? It seems that theres a lot of chatter about problems with CM15. I probably only need to use 2 separate housecodes anyway so a second TM13 might be easier?
    All suggestions welcome.
    Thanks

If you are connected to a computer then the MR26A, RFXCOM or W800 receivers are your better RF choices. An additional TM13 would be better than a CM15A. The CM12 is a more mature interface.

Comment

Cm15a works great for me? What issues do you see? The range is bad out of the box, but can mlbe modded to get good coverage if 30-50 ft is all you need. If you need better coverage then the rf receiver mentioned before is a better idea.

Comment

Originally posted by nigelreid View Post
        I know TM13 is limited to one house code so I would need multiple TM13's for more than one housecode. but at the moment the CM12 /TM13 configuration seems to work ok. Should I throw these out and install a single CM15 instead? It seems that theres a lot of chatter about problems with CM15. I probably only need to use 2 separate housecodes anyway so a second TM13 might be easier?
        All suggestions welcome.
        Thanks
        TM13 can be one house code or all house codes if set to "P".
        Very old TM13 were indeed only one house code, but you would have to buy it second hand to be caught.
        The "All house codes" ones have a small round color sticker.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          If you are connected to a computer then the MR26A, RFXCOM or W800 receivers are your better RF choices. An additional TM13 would be better than a CM15A. The CM12 is a more mature interface.
          I think that the TM13 and a computer interface are for different purposes.
          I use the computer interface (RFXCOM) for all RF except dimming from a remote.
          For dimming I still use a TM13 because it's the only interface capable of sending x10 commands correctly so that dimming is smooth and continuous.

Comment

I have also use the computer interface for all RF except dimming from a remote.Yes TM13 and a computer interface are for different purposes.

Comment

Working...
            X