My HA (&Home) Setup so Far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My HA (&Home) Setup so Far.

I have only recently started to get involved in the whole Home Automation Scene and am enjoying the features it allows for, so to show what a newbie can achieve I thought i would share with everyone.

Hobbies: Fire-Fighting (CFA), Gardening, IT & Electronics, Science

Master Bedroom Setup

Light / Lamp Module for beside Lamps (x2) Stick On Wall-Plate to control Lamps + Air Conditioner IR Sender in Room to control Projector & Fan Unit Speaker Client & Dev on Laptop (Qosmio G50) Hawkeye Motion Sensor

Study

Speaker Client running on Laptop Audio Scanner tuned to Pager Frequency and connected to sound-card input Laptop running PDW Pager Decoder, which decodes audio to text messages, and email's me when the identifiers are present (NAWE) with the message Screw in X10 Lamp.

Spare Bedroom

Nothing yet, holding off until new house is built.

Living Room

X10 Appliance controller running Pedestal Fan. Hawkeye Motion Sensor
    Lounge / TV Room USB-UIRT controlling TV, DVD, Video, Small Evaporation Cooler IR Extender, passing USB-UIRT messages up to Master Bedroom Devices. Hawkeye Motion Sensor

Kitchen

Touchscreen monitor connected to old laptop. HSTOUCH & Speaker Client FM transmitter for sound from speaker client to Radio (No Speakers Yet) Hawkeye Motion Sensor

Laundry

Nothing yet (Other than testing 2 button light switch connected to floodlight) Plans to connect washing machine.

GarageOther

WF800RF32A RS232 Receiver & RF-Plug Plugin UltraWeatherBug Jon00's POP Email Package (With Modifications for CFA Response) HSTOUCH & Iphone

Testing

HSTV3

BLMediaPlayer

BLRadar

Not Yet ConnectedGarden Setup:

Rain8 Solenoid Controller X10 RS232 Controller for Rain8 X10 2 Button Switch that controls Fan & Fluro Light (See Propagation Notes below)

EventsPropagation Notes

I have developed quite a passion for gardening, and growing from seed. However being in Australia (Melbourne) the cool climate does prevent me from growing a lot of different things that I would love to grow normally. As such I have a spare 2 button appliance switch which is 1-way X10 that is placed in the garage and to which I wired up two extension leads, so that one controls the Fluorescent light (B2) and the other controls a desk fan (B1). The idea is I have a few small bench greenhouses with Lids, that I use to propagate and germinate Bhut/Bih Jolokia Chilli's (Hottest Chilli's around more or less) These are grown in the garage, the fan kicks in randomly to simulate wind, and give the plants / seedlings the chance to develop their stems and make them stronger.

Server Rack
    HomeSeer Server. Standard P4, 2.4ghz, 512mb Ram, 40GB HDD, 1Single NIC (100m/bit) 2 x rs232 CDROM Lots of USB
    Linux Amahi.org Server Home Built Dual Core 2.5ghz Dual Core 2GB Ram dual NIC (100m/bit) 1TB + 250GB + 500GB HDD (1TB to be added) VPN Server / TwonkyMedia Server / Samba Server / Asterisk Server This machine provides remote access, media sharing and file sharing and soon to connect linksys PAP for Asterisk

*Would like to run both on VM, or turn linux machine into windows machine for homeseer, and then VM the linux image. However the linux machines bios does not have power recovery and its to big a hurdle at the moment.

New House
    I plan to run X10 switches in the new house, about 30 of them that I found that are actually bidirectional (status check) so I thought i would give it a go, cost is the biggest issue so thought try these first.

Also running to most rooms 2 x cat5e, and 1/2 coax. Some are 4 cat5e for rooms with servers etc, or places I may later put low quality speakers or cameras etc.

Would like to have camera at front door, so when doorbell is pushed it takes a photo, and get more speaker clients and manage to get some cheaper mics that work in open air to use more of the VR side of things.

with 1 - 2 IR extenders (additions to what i have now), i will control built in air conditioner, and other things and would like to run 1wire temp and humidity sensors to apply logic. eg if in bathroom and humidity gets higher than x % turn on fan.
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube
Working...
X