Single Small Button RF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Small Button RF?

I want to stick a few small buttons onto an iPad for master volume control and lights on/off (so 4 total). But they would need to be small enough to fit on the edge of the and not too tall? Is there anything out there that can do this? My immediate thought was something from X10, but not having that much luck as everything is too big for my needs.

The smallest X10 RF remote that I'm aware of is the key chain remote. It's too big for the edge, I suspect, but you could attach it to the back. (Not recommending this site, just a good picture.)
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I got bunches of these, but it's just too big. I even thought about cutting it up, but the board does not lend itself to that.

I wonder how difficult it would be to make one from scratch?

Comment

I'm confused but why wouldn't you put these "buttons" on a web page or an HSTouch screen?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Because I cannot do everything in hstouch. I use the a trackpad app, apples remote app, the iPod app connected via bluetooth which is awesome for the ipad, web surf, etc.

Comment

So in your original post you said " iPad for master volume control and lights on/off " can this not be accomplished with HSTouch?

Comment

No, we are on diff pages. The point is to adjust volume while in other apps that cannot do this such as an air mouse. There is no software solution that can instantly do this. I don't want to spent 15 sec popping in and out of apps to change the volume.

I need a physical hard button that will send any kinda signal that can be received via any hardware. Button has to be small enough to stick on the edge of an iPad.

Comment

Gotcha.

Comment

Is there anything like MortScript for the iPhone? If so, my understanding is it WILL run on the iPad.

If that's the case, just tie a script that will make a call to the right webpage to one of the iPad buttons.

--Dan
                  Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                    Is there anything like MortScript for the iPhone? If so, my understanding is it WILL run on the iPad.

If that's the case, just tie a script that will make a call to the right webpage to one of the iPad buttons.

--Dan
                    I'm not sure apple allows any remapping of "their" hardware buttons. One of my biggest gripes about apple is they are tool controlling, and they don't have enough physical buttons. Even if they had more physical buttons I'd bet you apple wouldn't let developers use them.

Back to the real question at hand... Id would take a small RF remote (like the keychain remote) and I'd open one up and rewire it with some small leads to a switch..

I'd picture buying one of of the many cases or holders that are bound to come out soon, and add a button to that... then on the back side I'd try and hide that RF remote as best possible.

Getting the ipad software to do this is likely not an option since multitasking is not allowed. And he won't be in the HSTouch software all the time.
                    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Multitasking looks to be coming soon and the ipad has been jailbroken which allow multitasking, but even then that does not cut it. It would almost need to be something like an app within an app or app on top of App.

I have a bunch of keychain remotes and that isn't such a bad idea zimmer. Would be a lot of work though and I wasn't planning on using a case for a few reasons. But it's a best idea so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X