Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeatherUnderground WunderMaps

Hey All,

I've seen a couple of the plug-ins that allow us to pull weather data from sites such as Weather.com; however, this is done only once per hour and normally from the local airport. I was sort of hoping for a more accurate reading to control items like our outside water features during times of high wind. Yesterday the plug-in stated the wind was 17mph; however, it was barely 4mph on our Oregon Scientific Weather Station.

Has anyone already developed a plug-in for pulling data from WeatherUnderground? If not, this is a site I found were people can advertise their personal professional weather stations. It appears to almost be a live feed. In my city we have over 200 members posting their information; 2 in my area. This is much more detailed and accurate than Weather.com.

I was hoping with collective brain power of the group that someone might have already developed a plug-in and/or could easily incorporate pulling information from this site into an already existing plug-in. They do have an API for those who would and/or have the brain power to develop plug-ins.

API/XML:
    http://wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/API_-_XML

WonderMap Personal Weather Stations:
    http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap

Any Thoughts,
    Chad

Why not pull it from your weather station?

Comment

It's possible he's interested in areas other than what he has at home or readable by his own sensors. I'd like to know the wind conditions up at my parents place, or over at the trails I like to go biking at.

I do not know of any plug-ins right now that get this kind of data, but I'd be interested as well... I don't own a weather station and thought of getting one, but if this existed I wouldn't need one.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I just gave this a little more thought, if you use HSTouch, you can get the data from the XML feed of an individual station. I'm not sure how often HSTouch updates from the feeds.

I really like how HSTouch lets you dive in and grab something of interest from XML, just wish it were a plug-in that let you map each item of interest to a device value. Then you could use them for event triggers etc.
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

A simply search on this board for WeatherUnderground turned up this plugin.
          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...04&postcount=1

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
            It's possible he's interested in areas other than what he has at home or readable by his own sensors.
            Anything is possible but we can guess all day.

To the original poster. There are serveral ways to get your weather data into HomeSeer and no data is going to be more accurate than your own data.

Comment

I pull data from my weather station and numerous internet weather sites via primarily MCS Temperature / MCS Sprinklers (WUN is included in my weather variables). I also utilize WeatherXML and BL Weather and the RSS feeds from the TS stuff.

My "real" AAG (POS) 1-wire anemometer gives me good wind direction but the speeds are totally off and typically give me reads of over 50MPH when actually they might be more like 10-15 MPH.

I still post my weather station data to WUN (even the unreal high winds). I am replacing the 1-wire anemometer this year.

There are numerous plugins on the HS forum with the ability to utilize and "mix" data from weather services.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatingIT View Post
                Anything is possible but we can guess all day.

To the original poster. There are serveral ways to get your weather data into HomeSeer and no data is going to be more accurate than your own data.
                I suppose you're right, I mostly chimed in here because it made me start wondering the same question and when I answered it I found a use for data where I would never be allowed to put my own weather station.
                Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Well the weather station I have is on 433.92 MHz and the really big issue is I don't have much of any programming skills. I have a receiver inside to display the rain, humidity, wind, temps; however, that is as far as it goes.

I guess there might be a receiver that would plug-in to my computer. But then I'm stuck relying on someone else again to get that information into homeseer.

I would much rather pay for a plug-in that does what I need than to bang my head against my keyboard trying to code.

I did do a "simple" search for WeatherUnderground and the results were all over the board. I did see the UltraWeatherBug thread; however, I don't see the link between WeatherBug.com and WeatherUnderground.com were I can pick my next-door neighbor’s weather station (no sense in me buying a $500+ device).

Some people asked the same question but didn't receive a real answer. ( http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...herUnderground ). Some hits were ignored based off of the thread title. Apparently, some plug-ins do more than what their name implies (mcsSprinklers); I guess in a roundabout way that makes sense. Just didn't connect the two :: shrug ::

I'm not really sure which plug-in I'm going to use...
                  I seem to like the plug-in being specific to what I'm looking for.
                  Leaning towards UltraWeatherBug?

I'll be back in a min, just wanted to respond...
                  My little girl is asking to read a book...
                  Last edited by Cheat; April 26, 2010, 05:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Here are some screen shots of hardware variables via 1-wire devices and HAI OPII sensors.
                    Attached is another picture of just software via the internet variables. (one of many).
                    Attached Files
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Cheat View Post
                      Well the weather station I have is on 433.92 MHz
                      Not sure which station you have, but I think the RFXCOM plugin will read some of some of the oregon scientific sensors. I use that for temp and humidity.

Of course that requires more hardware and a plugin.
                      Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

I would recommend checking out Weather Display. It interfaces with most every weather station on the market and comes with free scripts that load data into HomeSeer virtual devices. It also come with a built in weather page as shown here:
                        http://weather.ruppworld.com This is the default page but there are other more professional pages that can be added on. Like these:
                        http://www.gooselakeweather.com/wxlive/
                        I use the rain and wind data to control my sprinkler system as well as my solar sensor to control the evening lighting events.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Do you run Weather Display on a separate PC or concurrently with HS?
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            Rupp,

Do you run Weather Display on a separate PC or concurrently with HS?
                            Pete,
                            I'm running them on separate PC's currently. When I was using a one-wire weather station the CPU usage was high but now that I'm using my David Pro station, there's hardly any CPU usage so I could retire one server and run both on my HA server. I'm just too lazy to do it.
                            Last edited by Rupp; April 27, 2010, 03:32 PM.
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                              Pete,
                              I'm running them on deparate PC's currently. When I was using a one-wire weather station the CPU usage was high but now that I'm using my David Pro station, there's hardly any CPU usage so I could retire one server and run both on my HA server. I'm just too lazy to do it.
                              All of my PCs are deperate (lol)
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X