Homeseer Freezes - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Freezes - Solved!

Hi. Whilst I'm new to theis forum, I have been using Hoeseer 1.7 for over 5 years. My problem is with Homeseer "freezing" from time to time. When it does none of my timed events work and I have to reboot my PC inorder for Homeseer to function again. When it freezes I can not make any action manually. The issue is with the PC/USB connection to the CM11/CM12 rather than any interference on the curcuitry. Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

I think a common problem is that windows puts USB devices to sleep that it thinks are dormant, there is a setting in device manager somewhere that makes sure they don't go to sleep...thats worth a try first.

And nice to see another UK'er here!

Comment

Homeseer Freezes

Thanks Mr Happy. I've just done that so we shall see shat happens during the course of the day.

Thanks for you initial advice.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        I think a common problem is that windows puts USB devices to sleep that it thinks are dormant, there is a setting in device manager somewhere that makes sure they don't go to sleep...thats worth a try first.

And nice to see another UK'er here!
        Thanks Mr Happy. I've just done that so we shall see shat happens during the course of the day.

Thanks for you initial advice.

Comment

Well did the USB power bit and to no avail. Still freezes. It's the first action of the day that causes it to freeze. Restart the PC and all's well again so it's not an inteference issue. Any other ideas any one? Is it worth me reinstalling?

Comment

Is the PC freezing or just HS?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hommeseer Freezez

Hi Rupp, it's just Homeseer. If I close Homseer down and reopen, it's still won't operate any devices. I have to restart the PC then it works fine until the next time. Makes no sesne to me. I am wondering if I should reinstall Homeseer.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Comment

It couldn't hurt to reinstall. Does it stop at the same log item when it freezes?

Comment

Homeseer Freezes

Reinstall seems to have done it.

Comment

Homeseer Freezez

No the reinstall has not done it!!!

Any other ideas?

Comment

I would recommend disabling all of your plugins and start enabling these one by one and see if you can narrow in on the one causing the issue.

Comment

Homeseer Freezes

Rupp. What Plugins are you refering to and where can I diable them?

Comment

Are you running HS 1.x or 2.x?

Comment

Hi,

Has this issue been resovled?

I developed this problem after installation of the current cost module, I thought it was a usb port assignment issue, but it has turned out not to be. At the minute I have removed the current cost plugin to see if the issue dissappears.

I am using a CM11A with a RS232 interface, I have left the CC adapter plugged in to determine whether it is a hardware/ interference issue while the plugin is disabled, I am running HSPro 2.4.0.11.

Rupp have you any ideas about how to narrow down the cause of the problem.

Cabbage

Comment

Originally posted by cabbage View Post
                              Hi,

Has this issue been resovled?

I developed this problem after installation of the current cost module, I thought it was a usb port assignment issue, but it has turned out not to be. At the minute I have removed the current cost plugin to see if the issue dissappears.

I am using a CM11A with a RS232 interface, I have left the CC adapter plugged in to determine whether it is a hardware/ interference issue while the plugin is disabled, I am running HSPro 2.4.0.11.

Rupp have you any ideas about how to narrow down the cause of the problem.

Cabbage
                              If you unplug your Current Cost USB cable do the lockups stop. I had a problem several years ago with my onboard USB ports locking up my server and after many days of reading on USBMan I decided to buy an add on PCI USB card and my lockup problems disappeared.

Comment

Working...
                              X